When do things typically get sent to outlets

Bare with me as I have NEVER been into a coach outlet...wow, I know. There's one 45 minutes away to.
Anyways, I've been eyeing the coach poppy sequin glam tote, but it's not something i'd use long enough to pay FP for. When do items generally get sent out an outlet? Is there a general time-frame? 1,3,5 months?

Thanks and if this has already been asked, please feel free to point me in the right direction!
 
And when someone decides to wander around and find this post, can you explain what a FP delete is? Or MMF (Wait..is that right?) I know FP is full price, but is a delete a return? And is 30% the typical outlet discount?
Relatively new to coach!
 

mandabear

O.G.
Oct 29, 2007
2,689
72
SF Bay Area, CA
And when someone decides to wander around and find this post, can you explain what a FP delete is? Or MMF (Wait..is that right?) I know FP is full price, but is a delete a return? And is 30% the typical outlet discount?
Relatively new to coach!
MFF = Made for Factory. These are products released especially for the outlet. Some are redesigns of older lines (Penelope was in the floorset, looks like we have Bleecker shaped totes for current).

FP delete = item formerly found only at at FP stores but now discontinued. It could be a color, style, season, etc. For instance, some of the Brookes appearing at the outlets were from the Fall-ish collection in the FP stores. These came in taupe, cherry, etc - more autumn colors. A delete is not necessarily a return.
 
MFF = Made for Factory. These are products released especially for the outlet. Some are redesigns of older lines (Penelope was in the floorset, looks like we have Bleecker shaped totes for current).

FP delete = item formerly found only at at FP stores but now discontinued. It could be a color, style, season, etc. For instance, some of the Brookes appearing at the outlets were from the Fall-ish collection in the FP stores. These came in taupe, cherry, etc - more autumn colors. A delete is not necessarily a return.
Ah-ha, thank you. My ignorance can be overwhelming occasionally lol.
 

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
Jan 29, 2009
3,099
1
So Cal 562
I think we usually see items deleted from the boutique in about 3 months. Sometimes it takes longer. If you don't see the item on the Coach website anymore or if it's in the going once, going twice section it's probably at the outlet or going to the outlet soon. Usually when a new floorset comes out (this happens toward the end of each month), items get deleted and go the outlet. That's why I always keep track of the items I am interested in, but probably won't be able to buy FP so when they disappear from the website I start to stalk them at the outlets.
http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...0000000000001&t2Id=5000000000000093551&tier=2
 

camelbag

Member
May 30, 2009
236
0
Howcan one tellwhich bag is an MFF and which is FP delete? Is there a marking in the abg somewhere that suggests made for factory?
 

codegirl

O.G.
Apr 29, 2009
2,209
59
Howcan one tellwhich bag is an MFF and which is FP delete? Is there a marking in the abg somewhere that suggests made for factory?
On the inside creed, the second set of numbers (they're after the hyphen) will start with an F if it was made for factory (mff).
 

coachbun

born to shop
Mar 11, 2010
1,834
0
texas
normally 6-9month. Just because it doesn't show on the coach.com anymore it doesn't mean it's at the outlet. It just means it's sold out at the warehouse, but stores might still carry them.
 

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
15,556
11,069
The amount discounted on FP deletes at the outlets varies. Some items go straight to clearance at 50% off MSRP (or even more if the item was "redlined" - marked down before it went to 50% off clearance) with the chance for another 20% or 30% off if you have a coupon.

Lately, some FP deletes (including the Poppy Glam totes that the OP mentioned) have been at the outlets at 30% off MSRP and with another 20% or 30% off with a coupon. After awhile a few of these items that are still left - like a few of the Poppy totes - go to clearance at 50% off with more off for the coupon.

I'm not clear about the reasoning behind it - some highly desirable, rare items go straight to clearance - while others hang around at 30% off MSRP for ages!

Sometimes you get lucky and an item that previously sold out shows up at the outlet as a return and you get a terrific deal!

I was at my local outlet on Saturday and there weren't many Poppy items left (none in clearance and only a few bags in the 30% off section) so if you are looking for glam totes you'd better get there soon, good luck!
 
Last edited:

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
15,556
11,069
I was at my local outlet on Saturday and there weren't many Poppy items left (none in clearance and only a few bags in the 30% off section) so if you are looking for glam totes you'd better get there soon, good luck!
I forgot to mention, my local Macy's had some Poppy totes on 30% off clearance a couple of weeks ago - so you might get lucky at one of the department stores.
 

ozmodiar

O.G.
Feb 28, 2008
2,733
53
I wouldn't necessarily count on the poppy sequin glam totes to show up at the outlets, especially the lavender one. It looks like they are pretty much sold out now at Coach, though the khaki one can be backordered so maybe more are coming in.

If any do make it to the outlets, they will be snatched up quickly. Trying to nab one when they go on sale at department stores might be a better option since Coach may not have many left.
 

camelbag

Member
May 30, 2009
236
0
Thanks. Does anyone know if the MMF bags are comparable quality to the FP ones? I got a Zoe Hobo which seems to be MFF based on the creed, but I am not familiar with the FP Zoe to be able to tell how the factory one is different from the FP one.

On the inside creed, the second set of numbers (they're after the hyphen) will start with an F if it was made for factory (mff).[/QUOTE
 

Sicy

Meeeeeeeeeow
O.G.
Jan 14, 2008
147
0
48
Bay Area, CA
On the inside creed, the second set of numbers (they're after the hyphen) will start with an F if it was made for factory (mff).
Good info. What does the entire creed # mean? This thread is informative. I don't know about any of this stuff either so thanks for the info!