When did you start wearing make up?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I had to start "wearing" makeup at an early age, around 5 for dance recitals & competitions.

I started wearing light makeup to school in fifth grade. And by junior high/high school, I was wearing "full" makeup on most days. Now, I really prefer to not leave the house w/o the makeup basics or fully "done"... if possible. ;)

2. 10th grade :biggrin: started with lipgloss and mascara

3. I still don't wear it often. I only put it on for going out a night, or for something special. My bf hates it when I wear makeup, so I guess that's why I don't wear it everyday.

4. hmmm i started wearing eyeliner in 8th grade, so i was 14. i really only use eyeliner/mascara/blush/bronzer.

5. I had a friend put makeup on me on our class picture day when I was in fifth grade, and she made me look like a clown. Luckily I had time to wash it off before it was picture time :P

I started wearing makeup when I started ninth grade. So I guess I was 14.

6. I started wearing makeup when I was 12/13. I wore concealer for acne, a little eyeliner, mascara, sometimes a light eyeshadow and lipgloss. it wasn't heavy or anything and my mom always taught me how to apply everything. ;)

7. 19 +

8. I started in 7th grade, and wore make-up with varied intensity up until 10th grade. There I stopped for a few months, then began wearing it again. In 11th grade I stopped and now I only wear foundation.

9. College, I think.

10. I've been wearing lip gloss since I was in high school and I've been wearing eye make up consistently only for the past year.

11. 11/12 when I was in 6th grade, I started wearing some Bonne Bell Lip Lites lipstick/gloss (creamsicle, the one I still use sometimes even now!). Then in about 9th grade (14/15) I started using a little eye makeup as well.

12. I never actually wore any REGULARLY til I turned 20-21.. before that I'd worn some but wasn't a big fan. Right now I'm 24 and keep it light. I like a natural look best!

13. around 12 -13ish

14. Around high school, but it was low key with blush, lipstick, and sometimes foundation.

15. I would say the same for me. I remember going to the five and dime and they had a maybelline display. I picked out this palette w/cream eyeshadows,blue etc.! I always had a thing for lipstick though as it was cheap (then). I really didn't get into the whole thing though until 20, I thought I was a late bloomer.