When did you first experience H?

May 22, 2009
Hi All

Todays question is prompted by a comment by hermeschicuk in the "socialites" thread re horse shows. It brought back a vivid memory for me and I thought I'd share.

I first remember H from my Gran who had a navy 28cm Kelly. I only knew it as a Kelly bag when I was young and never realised the brand. I used to attend many "horsey" events and the ladies/mothers always looked so elegant with their scarves. All had these horsey symbols and logos and were almost a uniform for the mothers along with a string of pearls. This was when I thought I'd grow up to be a pearl lady but as noted in the "signature item" thread...that never happened.:crybaby:

Anyway I got to play with one scarf on the drive home one night after a show. It felt so soft and luxurious I'll never forget it. That was when I was 14 & I have admired the brand ever since.

When did your H love affairs begin?

Ooh lovely memories you have! I just remember reading about Grace Kelly and seeing her wearing her Kelly bag and scarves. I became an H addict by the courtesy of this board!

I was about 20 - a family friend had an H scarf that she wore often and I thought it was so luxurious. She's a jeweller and always had such beautiful things (still does) and while I knew I couldn't afford the jewellry, the scarf was in my price range. My parents bought my first scarf when they were in London and the pound was about $1.10. I was hooked then, but it's only recently that I've had the money to indulge a bit. And a bit more...and a bit more.....

My husband I had not been married long and he took me to Paris. It was a beautifully
romantic trip and he bought me the anniversary scarf from Hermes 1837-1987
Feux D'Artifice. I collected their scarves since, but also always loved the pics of Grace
Kelly with her bag and scarf.

I first experienced H later in life, thanks to Kallie Girl! My first visit to H on Madison Ave was with her, and I can't thank her enough. In fact, I met LGA82 at the Madison Ave store. We were complimenting each other on our dogs (who share the name Bonnie, lol).

in january this year, and all started with my wonderful experience shopping at harrods london :smile:

*well, the lousy service I get from Harrods LV opposite Hermes is a big constrast*

I first heard of the brand from one of my slightly older friends, who has always collected perfumes. She has LOTS of them. She has always liked Caleche and 24 Faubourg and also wears some of the newer ones too.

I first got into H myself when I was made redundent from my first job. I decided to take a trip to London with the money I got from the firm, and I went shopping for the day.

I found the Hermes store on Sloane Street enchanting, and needless to say I left with a few goodies. :graucho: Have been hooked ever since.

i think when i 1st started knowing H is when i got my Navy fourre Hout PM Canvas tote during my early 20s and right after another black medium herbag.