When did Patina become feared?

dazlinpearl said:
I really don't know what vachetta and patina is. Execept, my strap is untreated leather. And it's currently light pale, from reading this post, I'm guessing my 'vachetta' is the current state of my bag? And when I bought my LV bag, I was told my strap would turn a beautiful honey color. I can't wait! Its a MC Black purse, and being my first LV bag, I like the pale leather. And look forward to having 'patina' happen to future bags. :wlae:

Vachetta is the leather. Patina is the colour that it turns to. (honey brown, etc)

I'm just so excited to have LV bags that I am going to just enjoy every stage over the years!! :heart: Mine are all pretty new so no patina yet.

I agree with the other post that doesn't care for someone else's patina. This is why I won't buy "pre-owned" bags.

yeuxhonnetes said:
i'm probably the only one here who hates the patina :lol:. i love the brand new vachetta; it makes the bag look so clean somehow :love:

I'm the same!:yes: If there was a way to prevent the vachetta getting really dark, I'd do it lol.

I really like patina on the monogram bags but not DARK patina, just the light to medium honey stage. I'm not crazy about patina on vernis bags or black MC. I'm afraid I won't like patina on the new damier azur line, I think that line looks best with pale leather.

I like the patina process, except for the orange stage. The bags are meant to patina, it seems odd to me to try & fight it. I love the honey tone, but don't like dirty handles.