When did Patina become feared?

yeuxhonnetes said:
i'm probably the only one here who hates the patina :lol:. i love the brand new vachetta; it makes the bag look so clean somehow :love:

You're not alone. I don't like the patina on the Black MC bags, I found that the light color of the leather makes a better contrast with the black fabric. I don't mind the patina as much on white MC bags though. But if I have a say, I'd prefer it stays light always.

Darienlim said:
As long as the patina is EVEN, I REALLY like how the color of the honey patina developed overtime. Of course, it will looked stunning on Vintage pieces too.

I agree. I hate DIRTY patina. If it's a rich dark patina, as long as it's even, I think it is absolutely beautiful.

msbroberts said:
Some people would even rub mink oil on :wtf: to try and speed the process!

But it's ok with me...I actually like it...:shrugs: . I am weird, or does anyone else like the patina?

I think it's just a personal choice, some people like the patina look, others don't, and there are also some of us who like the honey-coloured look in between. Personally, I like the brandnew and mid-stage looks more.....
I was also going to comment on NEVER ever put MINK OIL on your leather!!!! Mink oil is highly comedogenic which means that it blocks pores (just try rubbing some on your face and watch your face zit up!)...thus Louis Vuitton's leather parts also wanna breathe....once more: *NO MINK OIL*!!!

yeuxhonnetes said:
i'm probably the only one here who hates the patina :lol:. i love the brand new vachetta; it makes the bag look so clean somehow :love:

You're not the only one by far...I also LOVE the look of virgin vachetta! It DOES give the impression of CLEAN more so that the padina'd look.

I do have to say that when the patina is VERY VERY light with only a hint of yellowish golden color, it DOES look gorgeous against the brown of the monogram canvas.

BUT I ALSO WISH THERE WAS A SECRET TO KEEP THE PATINA REALLY LIGHT...:sad:

I love patina, and I work really hard to get a nice patina on my keepall. I am extremely careful with it so that it doesn't get dirty when I travel, and I keep it somewhere clean when I don't use it. However, I was tanning it this summer, and the color turned out gorgeous, but I forgot to tan it on the other side! So now, the side with the LV's up has a slightly darker vachetta than the side with the LV's down, and it seems that the sun doesn't shine anymore, so I hope I can even the patina before the winter comes, lol.

Okay, I love the patina, but only if I'M the one who has patined it. I can't stand the thought of someone else's patina,,,,

But, I agree with the white MC handles, they are SO beautiful. I will love my bags when they have patined from my life and my memories, not from someone else's, but that's part of paying a lot of $$$ for a brand new bag...

I love the patina!! I only don't like it when it is really really dark and looks dirty.

Veronika said:
Okay, I love the patina, but only if I'M the one who has patined it. I can't stand the thought of someone else's patina,,,,

I'm the same way.

I really don't know what vachetta and patina is. Execept, my strap is untreated leather. And it's currently light pale, from reading this post, I'm guessing my 'vachetta' is the current state of my bag? And when I bought my LV bag, I was told my strap would turn a beautiful honey color. I can't wait! Its a MC Black purse, and being my first LV bag, I like the pale leather. And look forward to having 'patina' happen to future bags. :wlae: