When did it really hit you you have a handbag "problem?"

I started buying designer bags at the age of 22, when I was in college. At that time I was receiving allowance from my parents, I wasn't even working yet. I did have a savings account where all my 18 years of saving up went. I wasn't really into bags before that but then my friend went to US to study and she posted photos of her Coach bags. I didn't know this brand, we didn't have it in my country but I started lusting for one. I saved up for six months, saving every ringgit I have, not having meals. I didn't shop, didn't eat, didn't spend money at all. Then one day they opened a store in KLCC and I spent RM1600 on my first Coach bag. Back then, and maybe now RM1600 is a lot. It is like a fresh graduate's one month salary.

After that, I used my entire savings to buy a preloved Speedy 30 and another brand new Coach bag online. Slippery slope indeed! I was still studying, mind you but I was carrying bags more expensive than my mom! And she is self-employed with a business run by my dad. I bought Marc by Marc Jacobs, Longchamp, all at retail prices! These were more expensive in Malaysia due to taxes and shipping. And my allowance was RM600/month!

When I got my first job I travelled for work and came home with a new bag each time. I bought an Agnes B in Singapore, a Burberry in Hong Kong. I was only earning RM1,600 at that time! Thank God I didn't go bankrupt!

When I got my second job, I got paid slightly better and I splurged on a Balenciaga First. It was RM3,300 and that was twice my monthly salary! The addiction never stopped. Working in the new job, my pay increased year by year but all the money went to bags. I bought a Chanel and Proenza Schouler with my bonus money and life savings. I'm constantly broke because of my bag addiction.

When I met my boyfriend I didn't want him to buy me any bags. I've been paying for all my bags for the past decade so I didn't want to burden anyone. But he wanted to make me happy so he too started buying bags for me, first a Goyard and then a Givenchy pouch.

Just last year we bought a Celine together, he paid for part of it. Then he bought me a Mansur Gavriel and in December a Saint Laurent. I have since sold my older bags that I don't use.

You know you have a bag problem when your bank account is zero every month, you don't own a house nor a car, you have no savings but the amount you spent on bags could buy you a car and possibly a low-cost apartment!

I started buying designer bags at the age of 22, when I was in college. At that time I was receiving allowance from my parents, I wasn't even working yet. I did have a savings account where all my 18 years of saving up went. I wasn't really into bags before that but then my friend went to US to study and she posted photos of her Coach bags. I didn't know this brand, we didn't have it in my country but I started lusting for one. I saved up for six months, saving every ringgit I have, not having meals. I didn't shop, didn't eat, didn't spend money at all. Then one day they opened a store in KLCC and I spent RM1600 on my first Coach bag. Back then, and maybe now RM1600 is a lot. It is like a fresh graduate's one month salary.

After that, I used my entire savings to buy a preloved Speedy 30 and another brand new Coach bag online. Slippery slope indeed! I was still studying, mind you but I was carrying bags more expensive than my mom! And she is self-employed with a business run by my dad. I bought Marc by Marc Jacobs, Longchamp, all at retail prices! These were more expensive in Malaysia due to taxes and shipping. And my allowance was RM600/month!

When I got my first job I travelled for work and came home with a new bag each time. I bought an Agnes B in Singapore, a Burberry in Hong Kong. I was only earning RM1,600 at that time! Thank God I didn't go bankrupt!

When I got my second job, I got paid slightly better and I splurged on a Balenciaga First. It was RM3,300 and that was twice my monthly salary! The addiction never stopped. Working in the new job, my pay increased year by year but all the money went to bags. I bought a Chanel and Proenza Schouler with my bonus money and life savings. I'm constantly broke because of my bag addiction.

When I met my boyfriend I didn't want him to buy me any bags. I've been paying for all my bags for the past decade so I didn't want to burden anyone. But he wanted to make me happy so he too started buying bags for me, first a Goyard and then a Givenchy pouch.

Just last year we bought a Celine together, he paid for part of it. Then he bought me a Mansur Gavriel and in December a Saint Laurent. I have since sold my older bags that I don't use.

You know you have a bag problem when your bank account is zero every month, you don't own a house nor a car, you have no savings but the amount you spent on bags could buy you a car and possibly a low-cost apartment!

Your handbags have obviously brought you a lot of pleasure. I guess it's all about priorities and balance. Some people spend money on vacations or eating out or other entertainment. Enjoy your collection.

Please. As long as they fit in my closet.....there is no problem.
I'm 6'4", I stack those babies to the ceiling if I have to!!
I agree. When you see my house on the reality show, Hoarders, but instead of garbage my house is filled with handbags floor to ceiling and there is indeed a safety hazard and I'm sleeping in a cat bed and making instant oatmeal in my bathroom THEN I may admit I have a problem. Then again, I could rent a storage facility and it turn into a giant walk-in closet and avoid the intervention and the dreaded keep, toss, donate decisions. Problem solved!

I agree. When you see my house on the reality show, Hoarders, but instead of garbage my house is filled with handbags floor to ceiling and there is indeed a safety hazard and I'm sleeping in a cat bed and making instant oatmeal in my bathroom THEN I may admit I have a problem. Then again, I could rent a storage facility and it turn into a giant walk-in closet and avoid the intervention and the dreaded keep, toss, donate decisions. Problem solved!
:roflmfao:

LOL! :roflmfao:

......and then we'll enable you and pass you food through your open bathroom window.
Still not a problem!!

......and then we'll enable you and pass you food through your open bathroom window.
Still not a problem!!

i agree. When you see my house on the reality show, hoarders, but instead of garbage my house is filled with handbags floor to ceiling and there is indeed a safety hazard and i'm sleeping in a cat bed and making instant oatmeal in my bathroom then i may admit i have a problem. Then again, i could rent a storage facility and it turn into a giant walk-in closet and avoid the intervention and the dreaded keep, toss, donate decisions. Problem solved!

lmao