When did it really hit you that you were getting old?

When I mentioned to my son that I may go for a walk and the smart@ss said, " careful, don't break a hip".:wtf:

Has he been talking to my DD? I swear she makes comments like this to me all the time....

So, I noticed I'm getting old when I started to have a hard time standing up straight after getting up off the couch....and doing that funky shuffle walk until I can get upright just like my mom does! :crybaby: I guess I'm lucky - no noises from either end yet!

I had my only child at 37 years of age. When he was around 18 months old, I took him 'antiquing' in a small community (that's key). The owner of the shop asked if he was my grandson....Arrrrrrrgh.

Ha ha I felt young again earlier this week! I had to take my BF's son to school and check him in because he was late. So the secretary was like, "Are you his mother?" I said, "I sure am not! I'm his dad's girlfriend." And the secretary was like, "I was confused for a moment. You don't look old enough to be his mother. I thought you were one of the students here." I was like, "Oh, you wonderful, wonderful woman!"

On a related note, when we go to my BF's son's gridiron meetings, I look at other parents there and realize I'm about ten or fifteen years younger than all of them. Once a mother asked me if my son played on the football team. I smiled and said, "For me to have a child in high school, I would have had to have him when I was in high school."

So I have still yet to realize or feel as if I'm getting old. I think my students even feel as if I'm not much older than them, and in many cases I'm not! Although, I'm proud of my age (31) and I don't resent getting older, although I might not be too fond of aging, which is different. I have plenty of friends (maybe six or seven) who died in the past, and who never made it to be my age at all, so I'm young, but in many ways, still very blessed!

For me it was today. When I heard that my old TV crush Dylan from 90210 turned 41 years old.

Who's next, Zach from SBTB!!??

He is? :wtf: Yikes! Zach is looking old too!

For me it was when I saw HS student being loud and annoying and thinking, it wasn't that long ago that I was in HS and I wasn't that annoying! But then realising it was over 10 years ago!!!:hysteric:

Also, when reading magazines that's talking the most eligible bachelors and they are all in their early 20s!

Oh! One more! When I started referring to you all as "ladies" rather than "girls"! When did that happen???!!

I just realized my poor dad must have felt old for a while by now. His e-mail address has been elderypa for ages now and he actually signs his e-mails "Old Fart."