When collecting scarves.......

I am trying to move from buying what I like alot/think is great to things I will wear the heck out of.

i think its okay for me to have few I treasure mega time..and only wear at special places...or maybe never

but for me...I want to wear the heck out of them and be more selective.

What a fun thread to have resurrected.

I have a ton of scarves right now, and each one is "perfect" for me in terms of colorway and design. So I don't feel any compulsion to add another unless it's also "perfect", or at least will be one of my top ten favorites.

And H produces sooooo many different designs and colorways each season, it's easy for me to wait until another perfect one comes along. I haven't bought any from the latest season for that reason. I love the Indian Dust design, but the colorways are all wrong for me. I love some of the colorways of the Marwari, but the design does nothing for me.

Vive le difference. (forgive the spelling)

A simple criterion that I use for deciding on a purchase... only buy that for which I have an IMMEDIATE need and will wear WITHIN 1 week of purchase. This helps eliminate things that linger in drawers unused

Also, I channel my need to collect pretty things into areas where accumulation is cheap eg - DON'T LAUGH - I collect lucite bracelets - cheap and easy to store since they weight nothing. The idea came to me when having problems going through airport security with metal bracelets They are also robust enough to survive lots of playtime, which is not really the case with scarves :yahoo: