When Buyers Don't READ!

Go to paypal, my account, and payment receiving preferences, and block payments from unconfirmed addresses.

For now, I'd just refund, get the FVF, and move on.

So, is it possible to confirm a paypal address as a seller? I know you can check ebay for their contact info, but how does one make sure a person's paypal account/address is confirmed or verified?

So, is it possible to confirm a paypal address as a seller? I know you can check ebay for their contact info, but how does one make sure a person's paypal account/address is confirmed or verified?

Yes, I had the same question. Just to add - I recently completed two auctions where I clearly stated that I ship to only confirmed addresses. Both winners had unconfirmed addresses. I confirmed the addresses via email and sent the items anyway. I was a bit nervous to because both were over $300. I shipped them both with delivery confirmation. So far, one received the item and is very happy and I got positive feedback. I'm just waiting for the other one to leave feedback before I do.

Yes, I had the same question. Just to add - I recently completed two auctions where I clearly stated that I ship to only confirmed addresses. Both winners had unconfirmed addresses. I confirmed the addresses via email and sent the items anyway. I was a bit nervous to because both were over $300. I shipped them both with delivery confirmation. So far, one received the item and is very happy and I got positive feedback. I'm just waiting for the other one to leave feedback before I do.

Glad it worked out for you! My item was delivered Monday to the buyer and no feedback yet...I'd rather have none though compared to a neg.

You know - people wouldn't buy as much if they bothered to read all that fine print. It really is getting to be excruciating to read the equivalent of 3-4 pages of text merely to buy some $5 item (I'm not saying you wrote too much text, IheartVuitton, but that in general, people do).

I've stopped reading it all. New buyers aren't at all savvy enough to read all the way through and know what "zero feedback buyer" might mean. They get excited when they see your item and it's what they want and off they go!

I'd send the item out with a delivery confirmation from the USPS or FedEx and not risk the negative feedback, but that's just me.

^^Yeah I agree. Though I had merely a couple of sentences in my description of a dvd set I sold recently saying that the set was "new and only watched once." I do realize my error now in saying that it was "new" in the title but I provided pictures of the set, one that showed the dvd set cover and one of it open to show the discs. Now I get an email from the buyer today saying she was unhappy because she believed the set was sealed and had wanted to give it as a gift.

Never in my auction did I say it was sealed (also, doesn't "watched once" give you a clue that it isn't sealed?) and the pictures clearly show that it isn't. Thank goodness she emailed me before leaving me a neutral like she was going to! I've been a member of ebay for 7 years and have been selling for about 1 year and have 677 feedback comments, all 100% positive feedback! I've offered to refund her money and have her send the set back to me but geez, I thought I provided more than enough information and pictures about the condition as I always do. I haven't heard back from her but I'm hoping this can be resolved.

As I said, I realize my error too, but she could clearly see that it wasn't sealed and now she's claiming that she thought it was.

^^^Hope everything works out for you.
I just had my first item that the buyer didn't read the description. Sold one of my daughters skirts-had it listed under womens- junior clothing- the size was not inside the skirt so i said it was worn by my daughter who wears size 00-1. listed measurements. Just got an e-mail from the buyer saying its way too big for his daughter and it will not fit her even when she's 1 :confused1:. He must have misread the listing. I offered to let him use my listing photos etc to resell, since he's not in the US it would cost a lot to ship it back.