When are you too young for an epi speedy?

pietonne

O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
I'm a 20 year old, young-looking college student, and I really love the LV epi speedy 25 in mocha or black:

p10333247_ph_althero_Mocha.jpg

My only problem is that I'm afraid I will look silly carrying it around. I wear mostly jeans, t-shirts, tank tops and sweaters, and normally carry shoulder bags/hobo bags/tote bags. I know the epi speedy is SO classic and would literally last me forever, but I don't want to drop $820 if I can't wear it NOW. What do you think? Can someone who dresses like me and lives in a college-student world carry an epi speedy 25? Should I get it or get a nice, younger shoulder bag and wait?

Thanks!

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
I don't think that there's really a set age, certainly if you're looking at a more conservative colour (such as mocha or black), it would be better suited in a business environment, but there's nothing wrong with carrying a nice, single toned bag with just about any outfit ! :smile:

amanda

I Bleed Georgia Red
Oct 18, 2005
well i'm a 20-year-old college student living in The College Town to End All College Towns, and i can say that i would carry that bag proudly. actually, it would be a great bag, people are highly preppy here and it would look great with a jean skirt and a button-down or something, which is basically the uniform around here. if you love it, go for it, you'll use it for decades!

Greendrv

backstage pass
Sep 13, 2005
speedysteph said:
I don't think it matters how old you are, but I do think its a dressy bag. I wouldn't carry that while wearing jeans and sneakers. But it would look nice w/black dress pants and heels for a job.
I agree with speedsteph. If you plan on only wearing very casual clothes even 80% of the time, perhaps you should wait. However, if you plan on working (let's say at an internship) it never hurts to dressed a little beyond your age (or rank within the organization). In that case, the epi speedy in black would be perfect.

pietonne said:
I'm a 20 year old, young-looking college student, and I really love the LV epi speedy 25 in mocha or black:

p10333247_ph_althero_Mocha.jpg

My only problem is that I'm afraid I will look silly carrying it around. I wear mostly jeans, t-shirts, tank tops and sweaters, and normally carry shoulder bags/hobo bags/tote bags. I know the epi speedy is SO classic and would literally last me forever, but I don't want to drop $820 if I can't wear it NOW. What do you think? Can someone who dresses like me and lives in a college-student world carry an epi speedy 25? Should I get it or get a nice, younger shoulder bag and wait?

Thanks!
Girl...Pishhh get wat u want who cares what other people think ur carrying all you have to say is..YOUR just mad u cant afford it lmao ahahaha but get it I like it!:biggrin:

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
Your opinion is the only one that ultimately counts. If you love it ( I do!), then get it! If you think it's too mature looking, then why not go for the epi 25 in mandarin or red? Those are funky colors but w/ that structured bag, you can't miss. If you really want mocha or black, it would still look great no matter what! It's how you carry yourself and your own self-perception that will exude from your own being and make you shine, not any purse can do that! Wow.....sorry for blabbering...:shame: .

KK

O.G.
Sep 22, 2005
The Black or mocha do look a little more serious. Whereas the other colours blue, mandarin and red look much more fun especially in 25. That's the fun part of this bag, it has a totally different look with another colour. I say blue or mandarin suit your style and they can still look go when you are 40 wearing mature outfits.