When are you too thin in the industry??

Just sick thin here and unattractive...makes me think of another thread where people are ripping Jessica Simpson apart calling her bloated/heavy now compared to before etc. What is wrong with people?

Just sick thin here and unattractive...makes me think of another thread where people are ripping Jessica Simpson apart calling her bloated/heavy now compared to before etc. What is wrong with people?

I agree. I've seen people saying how Audrina has gained weight and her legs looked "fat" in the Hills thread, and mean comments like Kim Kardashian's butt looked like a saggy diaper from another poster... it's really sad to see this happening to previously beautiful and healthy girls.

How do people want them to look? Stars will never make everyone happy with weight and appearance. The average BMI is 26. That isn't healthy for a lot of women. Not everyone has to be "average".

Worryingly thin: Nadine Coyle's transformation has made her legs thinner than any I have recently seen on the Paris catwalk

LOL. really? what show did this person see?

This women uses the group Girls Aloud, but I think this story is very relevant in the US (Hollywood/music industry) as well.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...essful-girl-band--suddenly-skinniest-too.html

I totally get the general concern but getting 'angry' is NO way to go about this. This article is irritating. Sure their size sends a bad message, but its pretty audacious to get angry about someone else's body. They are the only one who has to live with it. They only have a responsibility to themselves. Period. Now, concern is ok, its pretty obvious that something might be wrong, but to cross over into anger or other sorts of acrimony is obnoxious even offensive. The author makes some good points, dont get me wrong, but she sets a horrible tone with the editorial style title. These girls, NO girls, owe anyone anything in regards to their bodies. EVER. I can't believe that so called progressive thinkers like this author don't see this.

I totally get the general concern but getting 'angry' is NO way to go about this. This article is irritating. Sure their size sends a bad message, but its pretty audacious to get angry about someone else's body. They are the only one who has to live with it. They only have a responsibility to themselves. Period. Now, concern is ok, its pretty obvious that something might be wrong, but to cross over into anger or other sorts of acrimony is obnoxious even offensive. The author makes some good points, dont get me wrong, but she sets a horrible tone with the editorial style title. These girls, NO girls, owe anyone anything in regards to their bodies. EVER. I can't believe that so called progressive thinkers like this author don't see this.

I agree. It's a known fact that girls in Hollywood are thin (I'm a 5'4/size 4 and people tell me to lose weight all the time.. and I'm a civilian!), but it's their choice to be in the spotlight, and more importantly, the public has a choice to judge/comment on their weight or not. And I could care less how big or thin someone else is.