Travel When are you likely to travel?

Is it just me that I'm not hearing massive airline cancelation? To me is seems like a switch was turned on and off after the major holidays. I was constantly bombarded with delays and cancelation news stories before and after the last major holiday.

Just got back from Paris, Venice and Italy in July and no issues with airlines or cancellations. My travel agent (who happens to be my SIL), told me before we left that we both needed our updated booster to our vaccines and had to have a PCR test right before leaving, and then we had to bring our vaccination cards with us because flying to France, they required it. But when we got there, we were never asked to show our vaccination cards at all, so we brought them for nothing.

Planning on flying to Portland, OR in October for 4 days, so hopefully that'll be just as smooth as it was going to Europe.

Have anyone recently traveled experience delays or canceled flights domestically or internationally due to staff shortages? Long waits at tsa checkpoints? My coworker experience this traveling from NJ to NC and higher car rental rates. She explained to me the delays was mostly in NC and she have friends that traveled internationally and had canceled flights coming back to the U.S.
Yes I was in London Heathrow very bad Airport because staff shortage... Restaurant closed early.

• Sad
Reactions: mzbaglady1
I used to really enjoy traveling a lot but now after the pandemic restrictions (and even after those restrictions have eased up), I just don’t find myself being the same way again these days. I hope I find the drive to travel again soon though.

I used to really enjoy traveling a lot but now after the pandemic restrictions (and even after those restrictions have eased up), I just don’t find myself being the same way again these days. I hope I find the drive to travel again soon though.
Same here! Restrictions have been lifted, but I don't have the drive to travel yet. Whenever I see the news talking about the line-ups at the airports, no - I'd rather stay home. My bank account is happier.

Now that’s a neat perspective
With the general economic climate and inflation, I started to really be mindful of my bank accounts. I put more money towards retirement and focused less on travelling. Yes, I still bought purses, but I am also letting go of my Chanel Boy. It has been sitting in my closet all these years and I wore it less than 10 times, literally.

I talked to a consignment store owner and she said these days, a lot of people are letting go of their designer handbags because they do need the money for bills, mortgage payments etc. For me, that's not the case. I am still financially okay, but it's just not worth it to have a few thousand dollars sitting in my closet when I am not using the bag.