Travel When are you likely to travel?

Hill Country used to be good for Texas BBQ and blue smoke, but k haven’t been in a while

steak - many. Everyone has their favorites. Some swear by Quality Meats
I uSed to like strip house

prefer Wolfgang’s to Peter Luger YMMV

pastrami -KatZ as per @mzbaglady1 :smile:

since COVID, I’ve tried to support my own neighborhood places, so im
Sure others will chime in with more up to date Recs
:biggrin:
Amazing! I haven’t travelled at all since covid started. However, I used to frequent to NY from London pre covid. Here are some favourites:
As @880 also mentioned, Sushi Seki.
Carbone, Cipriani Downtown, I loved Wolfgang Pucks restaurant at the Four Seasons Downtown, Nello, Le Bilboquet, Polo Bar Ralph Lauren, without a doubt I’d go to baccarat hotel for a drink I love the bar there. Area wise I like: Soho, Central Park South and the MP district (walk along the high line) oh if you want a nice NY pizza go to Johns Bleeker Street!
enjoy your time in NY!

Thanks for you for suggesting Wolfgang’s Steakhouse! We went there last night and DH said it was the best steak he has ever eaten! :smile:

@shermes , @QuelleFromage

my new favorite sushi is (omakase only; perfect size and balance between creative and traditional; and a delicious trio of Japanese and Maine uni). One of the sushi bar guys was very nice and told me interesting facts about red woods and anime and yes, fish :smile:

I’m dying to try cote, but I’m supposed to be avoiding red meat for now :sad:

also, a nice cute breakfast, esp for tourists (go early) is Buvette and a few other places in that area (in case there’s a line)

Last edited:

my new favorite sushi is (omakase only; perfect size and balance between creative and traditional; and a delicious trio of Japanese and Maine uni). One of the sushi bar guys was very nice and told me interesting facts about red woods and anime and yes, fish :smile:

also, a nice cute breakfast, esp for tourists (go early) is Buvette and a few other places in that area (in case there’s a line)
OMG I looooooooooove uni :heart: I've been to the LA Sushi Zo and it was excellent.

DH is off red meat now too, so no Cote for a while for us.

LOVE Buvette, it's so adorable (but so tiny!).

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
Connaught scones and clotted cream, baguette and choc croissants; Heston blumenthal tipsy cake with wedges of slow roasted pineapple ; grilled lobster at Scotts and also bake well pudding and Paris Brest with pistachio ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
View attachment 5333878View attachment 5333879View attachment 5333882View attachment 5333880View attachment 5333881

@Katinahat, I’m going back on the diet as soon as I get home lol :biggrin:

@shermes , great minds think alike lol. I’m very fond of le bilbouquets Cajun chicken paillard with frites and the connected cafe croissants

Would very happily settle for just the lobster!

• Thanks

Can highly Banff Springs Hotel with wonderful sushi & a very talented lady chef.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and Christofle
@Cheddar Cheese , the Banff springs hotel looks amazing! Do you recommend it for skiing (we loved Whistler ) or summer? :smile:

Delicious torta salata and bomboloni in case anyone is in midtown NY and a bit peckish

@QuelleFromage, the original sushi seki on east 60th st. years ago used to do an uni shiso tempura which was a mix of hot and cold , crispy and creamy texture :smile:. DH doesn’t like the Chelsea location so we haven’t been in a while though

Last edited:
@Cheddar Cheese , the Banff springs hotel looks amazing! Do you recommend it for skiing (we loved Whistler ) or summer? :smile:

Delicious torta salata and bomboloni in case anyone is in midtown NY and a bit peckish

@QuelleFromage, the original sushi seki on east 60th st. years ago used to do an uni shiso tempura which was a mix of hot and cold , crispy and creamy texture :smile:. DH doesn’t like the Chelsea location so we haven’t been in a while though

I've only been to Banff during summer as a child :lol: Too long ago to recommend it though.
But Whistler has been fantastic for a summer hikes, so I recommend that.

• Insightful
OMG, I am headed to Madrid on Sat and then Lisbon several days later. I have never been so unprepared for international travel. lol (haven’t been out of the country since Feb 2020). I have been to Madrid before but we are taking Air Europa from Madrid to Lisbon. Anyone have experience with the airport/process for this short hop flight? (How early to get to airport, etc.) I understand we still have to do a Covid test for that leg (and back to US) but if anyone knows anything about leaving Spain/entering Portugal, I’d be happy to hear! :smile:

OMG, I am headed to Madrid on Sat and then Lisbon several days later. I have never been so unprepared for international travel. lol (haven’t been out of the country since Feb 2020). I have been to Madrid before but we are taking Air Europa from Madrid to Lisbon. Anyone have experience with the airport/process for this short hop flight? (How early to get to airport, etc.) I understand we still have to do a Covid test for that leg (and back to US) but if anyone knows anything about leaving Spain/entering Portugal, I’d be happy to hear! :smile:

I'm also looking for answers. For the ones that traveled recently from the US to Europe, could you please share any information you may have on covid related requirements? What did you use as proof of covid vaccination? There is a Digital COVID certificate system for EU, but I didn't find anything similar for US.
Did you do a COVID test prior to your trip? Many thanks!