Travel When are you likely to travel?

Thank you so much for sharing. I canceled my trip. I am going to hope again for this fall based on covid, crime and the changes the city can make by then. I was supposed to fly to NYC 9/11/01 So it has always been my plan to come back for the 20th year anyway.
Thank you so much for sharing. I canceled my trip. I am going to hope again for this fall based on covid, crime and the changes the city can make by then. I was supposed to fly to NYC 9/11/01 So it has always been my plan to come back for the 20th year anyway.
Good decision, better to wait it out. Let’s see how quickly the turns around!

Reactions: 880
We are going also :smile: Are you / will you be renting a car? Prices are much higher and i am seeing day to day fluctuations, but not as astronomical as the headlines from a month or so ago.
We are staying in Waikiki and won’t be renting a car the entire stay. We will be there for 7 days and will only rent a car for 2 separate days. Before car rental prices even went high, my main concern was the insane cost it will be for overnight parking and we won’t really need a car the entire time so I didn’t plan to rent it the entire stay. We’d need it one day to go to the North Shore and PCC and then another day to Kuoloa Ranch and for an itinerary I haven’t planned yet. I am so excited for this, been waiting!!!

We are staying in Waikiki and won’t be renting a car the entire stay. We will be there for 7 days and will only rent a car for 2 separate days. Before car rental prices even went high, my main concern was the insane cost it will be for overnight parking and we won’t really need a car the entire time so I didn’t plan to rent it the entire stay. We’d need it one day to go to the North Shore and PCC and then another day to Kuoloa Ranch and for an itinerary I haven’t planned yet. I am so excited for this, been waiting!!!

NICE!! Agree on the insane parking costs. We are renting a condo with a full kitchen. It has a parking fee but not as bad as at hotels. Happy travels! Hope you enjoy your vacation!

I flew from Seattle to NYC in April to see my daughter. Had a lovely visit…some culture, great meals (outside) and fun shopping. I felt generally safe though of course I am fully vaccinated and wore masks. We are supposed to go to Paris for a month in September (rescheduled from last year) and I am hopeful that it’ll happen.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and limom
Depends on which beaches. Do your research as some beaches will have fewer people observing mask guidelines.
I live at the beach in LA and LA has just entered a new tier. Masks are not mandated outdoors for fully vaccinated people. How they can enforce or determine who has been vaccinated is questionable. However, I have noticed many people walking around without masks at the beach.

Was in Maui for ten days in March. At that time, they required folx to present a negative COVID test, and I was already fully vaccinated.

A few trips coming up since my best friend from college is getting married and I'm the matron of honor. Bachelorette party in Cancun (not sure how I feel about this but this is what she wanted, and all bridesmaids have been vaccinated) in July, bridal shower in LA in July, wedding in Malibu in August.

Hoping to see my in-laws in Pennsylvania this Thanksgiving, and my parents (in Taiwan) in January for Chinese New Year.

I live at the beach in LA and LA has just entered a new tier. Masks are not mandated outdoors for fully vaccinated people. How they can enforce or determine who has been vaccinated is questionable. However, I have noticed many people walking around without masks at the beach.

You're right. It wasn't really even enforced even when masks were required. I've seen cops patrolling at the beaches during the summer but haven't heard of any fines. It's more of a social construct.

I hear it's more strict in Hawaii though. A friend's family was stopped by the police end of March and they took down all their info (they also had to produce negative Covid test results upon arrival as is the current protocol). No fines.