Travel When are you likely to travel?

Megs, I drove for 13 hours straight by myself to get to CO. :eek:
Texas IS a Big state. :yes:
No way would I ever attempt that with young kids...I'd be wanting to choke myself. :panic:

• Love
Reactions: Megs and 880
I made this video a few days ago, if anyone is interested to know how I prep ourselves for our recent road trip.

Wow! @luxemadam, after watching your video, you really deserve a medal (And the beer) after all the work you did! Also I wear a similar nail polish, I think it’s called opi smokin hot on my toes :biggrin: I’m not sure I have the wherewithal to do all thta, but it will be something to aspire.

RT1, I am in awe that you did a road trip of that length. (Will shoot off to check out your travel photos! But, ITA with you re your advice to @Megs that it would be really hard with two young bundles of energy. Whew!

@txstats, I am so sorry you will miss your sisters November tea ceremony.

@paula3boys, ITA re rapid tests, but think we will have to travel anyway bc of MILs health issues.

thank you everyone for your kind thoughts re MIL!

hugs

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Monaliceke and RT1
Wow! @luxemadam, after watching your video, you really deserve a medal (And the beer) after all the work you did! Also I wear a similar nail polish, I think it’s called opi smokin hot on my toes :biggrin: I’m not sure I have the wherewithal to do all thta, but it will be something to aspire.

RT1, I am in awe that you did a road trip of that length. (Will shoot off to check out your travel photos! But, ITA with you re your advice to @Megs that it would be really hard with two young bundles of energy. Whew!

@txstats, I am so sorry you will miss your sisters November tea ceremony.

@paula3boys, ITA re rapid tests, but think we will have to travel anyway bc of MILs health issues.

thank you everyone for your kind thoughts re MIL!

hugs

@880 :blush: Thanks for your comment. We didn’t expect to travel this summer, but by locking ourselves up for such a long time it’s affecting our mental health. Btw, I like your tpf name...Nice number!
Oh, if you’re referring to my red nail polish, it’s Mavala 266 Singapore. I am from Singapore, so I gotta have it when I saw it at the store:love:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Megs, I drove for 13 hours straight by myself to get to CO. :eek:
Texas IS a Big state. :yes:
No way would I ever attempt that with young kids...I'd be wanting to choke myself. :panic:

THAT IS A LONG DRIVE!!!!!!!! Texas is huge.

Florida is long but the thing is until you get to the northern part, everything here looks the same. Texas has seasons and some wild weather. We just have hot and hurricanes haha

• Love
Reactions: RT1
There's supposed to be a 'travel corridor' in place between London and NYC by late November, but I'm not sure if I can see that happening - I'd looove to be able to travel to NYC for a little Christmas getaway, but I don't know whether it would be worth it if the city is basically not open, it seems a little pointless :annoyed:

Reactions: RT1
We are traveling within our state in the US. We bought a camper pre-covid. As soon as our state parks opened after being closed for a few months, we have camped about once a month on a waterfront site somewhere. It is the best way to social distance. If we do go into the smaller towns, most everyone is wearing a mask inside. Most cities or towns have an ordinance in place requiring this. The only thing we are not doing is eating in restaurants. Since we are able to go during the week, it is not that crowded in the stores for a brief visit.

Reactions: limom
So... mixed feelings. Hawaii has opened up to tourism again, with a negative covid test prior. I havenʻt followed all the exact requirements, but have seen pictures of the long lines at the airports and lack of social distancing and proper mask-wearing. Iʻve seen social media complaints already being posted about tourists not wearing masks when theyʻre supposed to.

It was bad enough trying to catch the tourist that were breaking quarantine when everyone had to quarantine, but with the mix of both. Ugh.

I will miss the lack of traffic, exhaust, and lack of crowding. Iʻm definitely worried about cases going back up as many work directly with public and in the hospitality industry.

Traveling by plane seems risky to me right, especially as cases are up again in many countries :/

Two friends had to travel recently for health issues of family members and they said masks were not being enforced strictly on the planes.

I’m going to have to do some sort of road trip locally soon because I feel like I’m going nuts...but all the things I like to do when I travel I’m still not comfortable with like going out to eat, shopping, museums. If it’s not too crowded I like to walk around, but it’s hard to predict that :/

Only thing that might work would be national parks but winter isn’t really great for most of them except maybe the ones in Utah and Arizona (I can say with certainty that July is not the time to visit them in any case :lol: ) and even then it’s not the type of getaway I’m in the mood for :/

Feeling pretty bummed that I probably won’t be flying to see family for the holidays as I don’t have a way to legally quarantine for 14 days or to ensure I’m not going to pass anything onto vulnerable family members :/ Maybe getting a covid test after landing, but even then I have nowhere to quarantine until getting the test results so it’s kind of annoying.

Reactions: limom
So... mixed feelings. Hawaii has opened up to tourism again, with a negative covid test prior. I havenʻt followed all the exact requirements, but have seen pictures of the long lines at the airports and lack of social distancing and proper mask-wearing. Iʻve seen social media complaints already being posted about tourists not wearing masks when theyʻre supposed to.

It was bad enough trying to catch the tourist that were breaking quarantine when everyone had to quarantine, but with the mix of both. Ugh.

I will miss the lack of traffic, exhaust, and lack of crowding. Iʻm definitely worried about cases going back up as many work directly with public and in the hospitality industry.

I agree with everything you said. I live in Hawaii too and appreciated the quarantine to protect the fragile island health systems. I wish the governor had agreed to the mandatory secondary testing the mayors were requesting. Hawaii needs its tourism and I know the economic impacts of the quarantine were severe. I will certainly miss how quiet the islands were and how much safer they felt even now, just a few days into the reopening. I hope everyone respects the islands, culture and its residents and abide by the safety rules we all need to follow.

Next summer hopefully. Boyfriend's parents recently purchased a summer house in the east coast (one of the Atlantic provinces) facing the ocean so it would be wonderful to unwind there. It all depends on whether we can fly safely.

Reactions: jmaemonte