Travel When are you likely to travel?

If I don’t get to travel soon I’m going to go into a depression.
This is exactly what my DS keeps saying. It was one of the more difficult luxuries to give up during this time. I keep dreaming of the time when it will be safe to go exploring again!
Sometimes I feel like I'm losing my identity... I exchanged planning my trips for organizing supermarket deliveries.

It’s going to be a while for international travel. I was considering living in Japan in a few years but those plans may be pushed further into the future. The pandemic has forever shaped the landscape of travel.

• Wow
Reactions: 880
This is exactly what my DS keeps saying. It was one of the more difficult luxuries to give up during this time. I keep dreaming of the time when it will be safe to go exploring again!
For me not really a luxury. It is my job and my identity. I'm trying to create a new identity but damn that can be really hard some days.

SO and I have been camping and we did a staycation at a local hotel. We were nervous about exposure each time . We've been very cautious. I booked a trip for December, but it's fully refundable and I think it's likely that we won't go. I'm hoping that we feel comfortable traveling next year.

Hi,
Please pardon me for my ignorance but what is a N100 mask? I presume it is different from a N95 or KN95 mask? Thanks.
Hi an N100 filters 99.97% air particulates and has a little air respirator on it! I put in a link to the CDC site that explains the masks.

I'd like to take a short flight to Canada before the end of September now that I have an N-100 mask. But it may not be worth it.

Just an FYI, there are strict quarantine requirements in place in Canada. Anyone arriving in Canada must quarantine for 14-days. Enforcement and monitoring varies, but it does seem to be becoming more of an issue, with fines being imposed for non-compliance. The 14 day quarantine requirement can also extend to anyone travelling between provinces (particularly in the Maritimes).

Personally, I’m 100% supportive of enforcing mandatory quarantine requirements for anyone arriving in Canada (and the Maritimes quarantine), given the situation we’re in. But, I worry that the longer this goes on that it will lead to xenophobia (or increase / further entrench feelings of xenophobia that already exist).

I bought plane tickets to Japan for June 2021. Wish me luck.

They can be rescheduled for up to a year. God help us all if there’s still no travel by summer 2022.

• Wow
Reactions: loh
This month I have travelled across countries in Europe by plane. It is quite a pain, specially because of the mask. Also the overall feeling of risks, controls, delays, etc. But overall better than I thought. Here in Germany, they offer Covid tests at the airport upon arrival. They are recommended (and sometimes required) when coming from certain destinations. It is quite efficient. The army has taken over an area with counters and so on, and it is quite impressive to see all the soldiers doing the admin in their camouflage uniforms and the health workers in their protective gear. They mail you the results in less than 24 h.