Travel When are you likely to travel?

My experience traveling in USA April 2021

I was able to go to work (out of state) last week. I flew. The flights were crowded but every single person had a mask on and there was no drama. I had to spend much time in the international terminal in San Francisco Airport and it was like a ghost town. :hrmm: But then Denver airport was insanely busy like Covid never happened. I never felt unsafe. Even on the planes. The hotel I stayed in had wipes and signs everywhere and was fairly empty. The people who I did see were very understanding and respectful of each others space. For me traveling in April 2021 vaccinated was no where as scary as traveling June 2020 unvaccinated.

I would definitely recommend traveling to anyone who is going to a "normal" destination. Even on a plane. I would not recommend going to Florida during Spring break or Cancun at any time. But to go visit your relatives in a simple non party like destination. I 100% recommend on an airplane.

I was hoping to travel back to London and visit some places in Europe this summer, but it looks like a no go for Europe. There has been inconsistent advice from the 'experts' throughout the pandemic and as a result it will take much much longer to get back to 'normal' as a result. One of the things that really concerns me, is that this is something that can affect you regardless of how careful you are. We can only control what we do, not what others do.

Right now it's hard to predict when this will end as soon as infections and deaths go down and we relax, we get another rise or new mutations.

I am in Australia and we have a travel bubble with NZ at the moment. I assume Asia will open up to us this year some time. I don't think Europe, US etc. will be on the cards until 2023. Our vaccine roll out is slow and was primarily going to be Astra Zeneca which has now been changed to over 50's only, so I likely won't get Pfizer vaccine until towards the end of the year depending on supplies. I am not in a hurry to travel and I think the government here will require quarantine for travellers going in and out of Australia making it time prohibitive and unpleasant.

We have decided to remain in our state and do some day and/or weekend trips for the duration of the year. There has been so much closed in our own state and area for so long that we're just excited to explore the local places we already love and haven't visited in so long. We thought we were eager to travel again but we're really just eager to get out and do anything!

One word. RV. We traveled a few times since this all began but with one major change - we went in an RV. No stops INSIDE a gas station/ no stops at hotels/ no eating at restaurants. We have gone to Pigeon Forge, TN, Pensacola, FL and Disney World in off season (Jan. after school went back during the weekdays - NEARLY EMPTY). We sanitized constantly, always wore masks out of our RV and quarantined for 2 weeks when we returned. We got tested everytime we came back after 10 days. I work for the school district here and people who are getting sick are getting sick at sporting events and family functions - both when no masks are used. I don't care what anyone says, hugging and no masks is what is spreading COVID. Go camping if you get stir crazy :biggrin:

Attachments

• 691596795.jpeg
    691596795.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 15
  • 691233005.jpeg
    691233005.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210105_103639.jpg
    20210105_103639.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200629_134110.jpg
    20200629_134110.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200627_141030.jpg
    20200627_141030.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200625_074142.jpg
    20200625_074142.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 11
I am enjoying staying home! I don't want to travel especially on a plane or hotel for maybe another year or so. Not traveling anytime soon, just because the government will allow it doesn't make it safe. It will leave more money for purchases and enjoying our local community.

Not flying still, but DH and I are headed to a gorgeous lodge up in the Smokies (Smoky Mountains) in two weeks to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't get to do anything special last year (our tenth anniversary) due to COVID ramping up so we just do mini trips every few months to sate our thirst for adventure.

Last edited: