Travel When are you likely to travel?

DH has not been able to engage in recreational travel for years due to work. He happily partially retired last summer (he still serves on the boards of various digital health companies). He’s also been super stressed bc of MILs epithelial peritoneal mesothelioma, so we arranged for a short trip away (numerous covid tests before, during and after; leg of trip was on private transp, and quarantine before during and post trip). Also have had Pfizer vaccine due to preexisting conditions of severe asthma and other reasons. During the quarantine part of the vacation, we spent the requisite time quarantined in the suite, on a designated quarantine strip of beach outside our suite, and at meals. It was not ideal, and it may be selfish of us, but I truly believe this was needed. Canuan, British grenadines, Mandarin oriental. We also considered Amanyara, (stylistically we are more aman) but felt this was safer in terms of covid bc the resort is considered to be in a triple bubble bc of all the precautions.
View attachment 4997756

Hey i have stayed at Amanyara!!

8090481859_9e89d96fa5_b.jpg
8088862899_110aa5cdc0_h.jpg
8105360057_68ccf158df_h.jpg
8100683602_f68752d651_c.jpg

My hopeful estimation; 2023. This is when I believe I along with the rest of the world will be vaccinated. The situation is dire in Europe at the moment and will continue to be critical rest of the year. There is simply not enough vaccines.
I fully agree. There’s not only insufficient vaccines, but also the selfish way people behave; now the “issues” with Astra Zeneca vaccines, the virologists’ inconsistent recommendations, etc.....
It’s going to take a long time before we can get out of this crisis in Europe.

Yay! I love your pics! They are so gorgeous and happy! DH and I went to Amanyara years ago (I don’t remember much except I really liked putting out a starfish at the end of your path when you needed anything) and we’re hopefully going to Amangani next! Hugs

Oh Thanks! Yay! Thanks for liking the pics :yes:
Well what stroke me from my visit is that there was noneone there! We were like the only guests at Amanyara. Staff was really nice an even opened us (I went with my cousins) the largest Villa they had that was like 20-30K per night, i dont know.. an absurd amount. So we did enjoy the property a lot as we were like the only party at the time. They let us roam around and show us the grounds, and it was all silent. Caicos is such an exotic, rare destination. I never imagined we would pick a vacation in Caicos!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and limom
Ah i remember this... my male cousin who is really funny told staff as a joke that we were a couple. When i walked into the room i saw a path of roses... all over the floor.... the bathtub turned on with already hot water and petal of roses in the tub. And i think i don't remember well.. there was like a heart of flowers in my bed. Haha that was soo funny. We had a blast laughing afterwards. I had totally forgotten about this anecdote, thanks for reviving such good memories :smile:

• Love
  • Haha
I know I responded to this thread at some point, but I don't think I mentioned that we had gone with friends to a cabin on a lake in Wisconsin, in September 2020 I think, then went to an outdoor Halloween party in another state. That has been it, other than short trips to visit family and friends in the same state, just a few hours away.

I am attending a conference in another state this summer. Will be driving, not flying. Hoping that all works out.

We are planning our normal lake vacation this year and we are hoping to go to Williamsburg, Virginia in the early fall. We'll see if that all works out.

No overseas travel this year.

Happy to see others traveling! Lovely pictures!

hi for all
can I know do you have any plan for holiday are you going in holiday this year ?
i like to back to normal life before covid 19 ..did you take a vaccine ?

Swissie here. We are planning to go to NY end of October and end of year we're planning either going to Tulum again or Namibia. I hope being vaccinated latest in July. I really hope the States will open the border in late Summer :smile:

Our river cruise in Europe was cancelled last year. We’re hoping to go in September. But unless Europe gets out of these lockdowns I’m not sure it will happen this year. Going to Santa Fe at the end of this month for our anniversary.

Reactions: Hq8