When and Where do you wear your CLs?

xCHANELx

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥â™
O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
hi Ladies,

I have never wore any of my CLs more than a couple of time. 95% of the time, they are just sitting there on my shoe shelf staring back at me (I stare at them all the time :P) I wear them during special occasions like weddings, nice dinners and stuff, but those occasions only happen occasionally. I always wear flats to go shopping, only occasionally wear 120s to work for important meetings but all my 140s, 150s and 160s I just don't know where to wear them to without people looking at me and thinking I'm too over-dressed! When I bought my last Maggie, the sales told me the shoe will stretch eventually since they were a bit tight and I was thinking, no they wont' stretch because I will never wear them often enough for them to stretch out.. and that got me thinking, am I spending too much $ on shoes that I probably will only wear a handful times? Maybe I should spend that kind of $ flats since I get more use out of those:lol:

What do you ladies think? Do you get the most out of your CLs and where and when do you ladies wear your CLs?

AEGIS

lettin' them have it
Nov 29, 2010
I'm trying to wear mine more often. I wear my cl flats literally everywhere though

Sep 27, 2006
France
I wear my CL 100 and 120 at work, shopping , at home...and nearly every time I can.
The higher heels (140, 150 and 160) are for dinner, formal events, and special occasion.

GenieBottle26

"Odi et Amo"
Sep 18, 2011
The Beach!!
hi Ladies,

I have never wore any of my CLs more than a couple of time. 95% of the time, they are just sitting there on my shoe shelf staring back at me (I stare at them all the time :P) I wear them during special occasions like weddings, nice dinners and stuff, but those occasions only happen occasionally. I always wear flats to go shopping, only occasionally wear 120s to work for important meetings but all my 140s, 150s and 160s I just don't know where to wear them to without people looking at me and thinking I'm too over-dressed! When I bought my last Maggie, the sales told me the shoe will stretch eventually since they were a bit tight and I was thinking, no they wont' stretch because I will never wear them often enough for them to stretch out.. and that got me thinking, am I spending too much $ on shoes that I probably will only wear a handful times? Maybe I should spend that kind of $ flats since I get more use out of those:lol:

What do you ladies think? Do you get the most out of your CLs and where and when do you ladies wear your CLs?
I agree with the other ladies. I just bought a pair of ron ron patent wedges in nude so that I could wear them more places....my others-except my simples-I only wear out to dinner, drinks, etc.

DariaD

May 20, 2011
EU
I dont care about being overdressed but I am REALLY paranoid about "not ruining the shoe", so I dont wear my CL as often as I probably should.
When weather is good enough I wear them once in a week or so... and it is usually some occasion made especially for them (I am literally telling DBF "Let's go out I have to take out my Loubs!") :P

I bought my Laponos with intention to wear them more often, but the pitch is so tricky... they are my "car to restaurant" shoes now :biggrin:

dbeth

Feb 6, 2009
Southern California
Only on the weekends when I go out to dinner with my dh or girlfriends or to parties/get togethers. I would love to wear them to work, but I am a nurse. I am excited though to wear my Vicky boots during the week---they are comfortable enough and the heel isn't as high so shopping/errands would be easy.

BoriquaNina

♥ Loves To Strass ♥
I wear them everywhere and almost all the time. Occasionally I will throw on Uggs or flats. I used to worry about looking over dressed but my DBF pointed out there is always someone more dressed up than me and I sometimes dress them down with jeans and a simple tee. I even wear my strassed pairs pretty regularly.

xCHANELx

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥â™
O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
thanks ladies for all the input, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only who thinks she's not wearing her CLs often enough :lol: they are too beautiful to be sitting on the shelf and only seeing sunshine once a month

xCHANELx

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥â™
O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
I dont care about being overdressed but I am REALLY paranoid about "not ruining the shoe", so I dont wear my CL as often as I probably should.
When weather is good enough I wear them once in a week or so... and it is usually some occasion made especially for them (I am literally telling DBF "Let's go out I have to take out my Loubs!") :P

I bought my Laponos with intention to wear them more often, but the pitch is so tricky... they are my "car to restaurant" shoes now :biggrin:
:lolots::lolots: I ask DH to take me out so I can wear my CLs too and DH always roll his eyes at me but still takes me out :love:

xCHANELx

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥â™
O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
I'm trying to wear mine more often. I wear my cl flats literally everywhere though
Aegis, even you dont think you are wearing them often enough? then I dont feel too bad hahaha you probably have 5X more CLs than me :graucho::biggrin:

Wordsworth

O.G.
Jun 14, 2009
UK
I only have one pair of 140 cls now - the rest are 100 or below because I know that's the only way i'll wear them enough to get my money's worth! Higher heels just don't work with the life I have.

I also stick to fairly straightforward styles to get max use. My collection is probably boring but it works hard for me and I love it.

Edit forgot to say this means I wear them almost everywhere - work and play! I still carry foldable flats for an emergency.

aoqtpi

Nov 24, 2010
Canada<3
I wear mine all the time at school now, since I wear Uggs for the drive and need to change into something else for class.

I find they hurt my feet too much to wear them shopping/places that involve a lot of walking.

r6girl2005

May 5, 2010
Beautiful Colorado
I wear mine almost everyday for work, yes even the 150s. I'm lucky I work in a very low key office. I also wear them to dinners, bars and other special occassions. The only time I don't wear them is when there will be prolonged walking or standing. My tootsies can't take the pain! :crybaby: