When a friend wears a fake!!!!!!

A few of my coworkers carry fake Coach, LV, Fendi and Chanel. They know that I am into purses and they are always very bold about asking how much I pay and then not letting it go. They like to show off their new bags and I always take a look but I don't say anything rude unless they say something rude to me about how much $ I spend. One of the ladies likes to say that since its a fake then she doesn't have to worry about it and when she's tired of it she can throw it out. I usually reply that I am buying my purses for the quality and I am environmentally conscious so I like to buy quality items that will not fall apart. :P

i have a friend who got a "speedy 25" last christmas. it actually looked real until i looked closer, but i didnt say anything. but anyways, since it was right after Xmas i wanted to go to LV and get something new and my friend came with me. it was a little embarassing that hers was fake, only because i didnt want people to think mine was as well, but still, i didnt say anything because it was her christmas present

I wouldn't say anything, friendships shouldn't be based on what the other has or can afford. I understand about where fakes are from, who makes them and what it funds ... but I wouldn't feel good about myself by possibly insulting them. Now if they asked me if what they had was authentic, then I would say something ... other than that I just pretty much leave people alone. As long as they are not selling it and passing it off as authentic.

The friends I go out with either carries the real thing, or thinks it's a waste of money to buy real bags, and would buy less expensive purses (but not counterfeit ones). However, if I was ever in a situation where my friend is carrying a fake designer bag, I would just simply not carry a high-end purse around her and just use one of my Juicy bags instead. This way, people won't think that my LVs and Chanels are fake. :smile:

Yesterday, as I was leaving work there were two colleaques talking about movies. One was saying that she had copies of the latest movies and she would lend them to him. He replied that he does not purchase fake and would not watch it either and then proceded to tell her aobut the horrible things it supports. I was very impressed, but the women with the DVD's just laughed and said, "why would I pay full price, I can buy these three for ten dollars?" The point; if someone is knowlingly purchasing fake products there is nothing you or I can do to pursuade them other wise. It is better to keep your mouth shut and if it is a close friend, not risk the friendship.

I hate fakes too. I'd rather my friends and myself get a REAL 2nd hand bag than a fake brand new one. luckily for me, I've not had friends who carry fakes, and I think they will be too embarrassed to own one anyway.
but there was once, my boyfriend's female friend was carrying a Coach sling and I thought it looked fake (I'm not sure but the material just looked cheap and not classy) but I didnt go ask her.

I was at the mall the yesterday....and I saw 2 ladies chatting on a bench together... I noticed one had the damier make-up pouch... very cute! ...but the other?

An OBVIOUSLY fake black MC speedy.... now, the damier make-up pouch looked fairly authentic from a distance, but as I walked past them, it made me wonder if she was carrying a fake, too...just a "better" fake?

What about you ladies.... if your friend shows up to shop with you and she's carrying fake...do you not say anything..?:confused1:

I'd like to think I'd be sensitive to their feelings... I lvoe my friends, and would still go shopping with them....(after I educated them on the horrors behind fakes) but I'd probably still be uncomfortable underneath it all.....:sweatdrop:
my sister and 2 friends have fakes, I try and switch my bag if i know they'll be carrying their fakes. It drive me crazy when they have theirs out.

Never.. I've pretty much instilled into everyone I know that I abhor fakes, I guess people respect (fear?) me though not to carry them.. or own them ! :graucho:

Yup, unfortunately. Not recently though, this was a few years ago when I started getting into designer bags and I started being able to tell the authentic ones from the fake ones.

Believe it or not last year around this time I went to LV in NY with my mom and she was carrying some ghastly fake. But God bless her, she is my mother. I have bought her a real one since then and she has other purses she uses since I've began to rub off on her. So she doesn't use the fake LV purses anymore...at least to my knowledge.

I wouldn't say anything. It doesn't bother them to use a fake, actually I think they are quite proud that they have a "LV", "Chanel", "Coach", "Gucci", etc., for such a steal. My coworkers always buy off the guys on the street and they talk about what a bargain it is. My friends don't understand or appreciate nice bags so I don't even try to justify the craftmanship and quality of the materials that we have in the real thing. They don't get it.

I really don't care but one time I was going on a weekend and I just bought my keepall mono 50. The girl who whas coming with me carried a fake keepall she just bought in Spain! She said well yeah I liked it, but the zipper fell off. She paid hundred fifty euros for it. I said well, we'll see in like ten years wich keepall lasted LOL We were pretty funny about it, wouldn't make a fuss about it, they're my FRIENDS and they can do what they want!

I think the type of person/people you shop/hang out with kinda shows your attitude toward certain things. If your friends are into one thing, then most likely you'll be into that too. So I guess what I'm saying is that if that woman with the seemingly authentic damier bag was with another woman with an obvious fake, then I'd highly think that her damier bag was fake too.

I guess that's why I kinda go solo in life and I've ditched every "friend" whom I'm not too fond of. These people just drag me behind and I'm much better off without them in terms of working more efficiently in school, studying better, shopping faster, shopping for the things I LIKE and not having to wait for them for hours in the changing room, shopping for expensive stuff without having to worry about whether or not I'd be intimidating those who can't afford to buy stuff on the same par as me, no need to accompany useless girls to powder themselves up in the bathroom, no need to hear about complaints of bfs, their useless gossiping and making random flirtations with guys on the street...etc. Oie, I'm SO GLAD I GOT RID OF THESE PEOPLE! lol