What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I'm sick of the line ups to get in. There's no Covid to worry about anymore, and for god's sake, it's not a nightclub. Get over yourself LV. There are lots of other lux places to buy bags where you can just sashay right on in. You're not the only game in town.
I’m in NY and there’s definitely still COVID here. But I recently went and they removed the line. It was awful. Too many people, super loud. But maybe it’s because it’s in a department store and not a boutique.

Although I have bought numerous bags and other LV items over the past 7 years, I am still treated as an unimportant customer and still don't have an SA. So I never have a chance to get the nice stuff :frown: .
Usually they are eager to give you their cards. Was there never someone nice among the SAs? Once you have the card of a nice SA you should stick to buying from that person to build a relationship. The problem is that they often leave the company.

Usually they are eager to give you their cards. Was there never someone nice among the SAs? Once you have the card of a nice SA you should stick to buying from that person to build a relationship. The problem is that they often leave the company.
Not in my city, no one ever gave me their card. I assume that they are just not interested in relationships as they just have a lot of international customers (mostly from Asia) who have a stop-over and buy plenty of items in the store. They don't need the local customers. It's one of the worst LV stores here, but it is only 20 minutes from home.

Not in my city, no one ever gave me their card. I assume that they are just not interested in relationships as they just have a lot of international customers (mostly from Asia) who have a stop-over and buy plenty of items in the store. They don't need the local customers. It's one of the worst LV stores here, but it is only 20 minutes from home.
May I ask which store you mean? As Im from Germany as well….:hugs:

My unpopular opinion is that I think bags with vachetta with patina and monogram looks so dirty. They just makes me think of germs and bacteria.
I also think LV in general is severely overpriced for what it is. Especially the ready to wear collections, there’s no element of design to them, it’s just tacky monogram all over basic designs, not even timeless designs.

My unpopular opinion is that I think bags with vachetta with patina and monogram looks so dirty. They just makes me think of germs and bacteria.
I also think LV in general is severely overpriced for what it is. Especially the ready to wear collections, there’s no element of design to them, it’s just tacky monogram all over basic designs, not even timeless designs.
Agree 100% to being overpriced!

My unpopular is multi pochette. Looks great on everybody else but me. Can’t seem to love or even like the style for myself.

My unpopular opinion is that I hate a lot of the new designs. Too many huge logos everywhere, so many collabs, a lot of trend pieces coming out every which way. I’m a very boring person, I like simple things/designs. Lately, I’ve been on a vintage LV bag kick/ Marc Jacobs era bag kick and I just love the older styles so much more. Also $2k+ for a neverfull and $1k+ for a pochette is absolutely absurd- I’m going to rock a Luco tote or a Cabas Mezzo and take my look to a whole new level for a literal fraction of the price :smile:

The Neverfull was my first ‚designer bag‘ - it was a big thing for me back then ;) then I got tired of the monogram and the popularity of the model, so I sold it. I didn’t like LV at all for years. Recently I went back and now I own two Speedy 30 bandouliere, one brown monogram and one beige. I love ❤️ them both :smile: ! They are so handy and real work horses - I use them every day When it comes to Canvas I do love some of the LV classics like the speedy - other models not so much. Some really look cheap and odd.
For leather bags I’d rather spend the money for classic YSL or so….
Have a nice day! Greetings from Hungary