What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I love the fact that this piece will have so much sentimental value for you because of the symbolic meaning of the stickers you choose! Don’t worry about other peoples opinion whe it comes to your personalized piece. If other people had the same inspiration as you do, they would do it too. Half of those people have no emotional attachment to those places depicted on the stickers so why would the pick them? They also probable want to resell as well. Yours will be a keeper, a real heirloom piece, as LV intended, so you do you .

Thank you and I agree as well! I can see why people do it for resale but you’re right, mine is for keeps! I can’t wait to order it, hopefully we get in before any price increases!

I'm sick of the line ups to get in. There's no Covid to worry about anymore, and for god's sake, it's not a nightclub. Get over yourself LV. There are lots of other lux places to buy bags where you can just sashay right on in. You're not the only game in town.

Ugh, they’ve been doing this since pre-COVID -- and I HATE it. Takes all the spontaneity out of shopping. And then they put added pressure on you to buy since they follow you around and want to show you things. God forbid you carry a Birkin in the store and all they want to do is sell you a Capucines. Um, no, if I wanted a Capucines instead of a Birkin I would have purchased one by now. (No offense to those who love them. I simply dislike the flap in the middle and find the bag overpriced for what it is.) Don’t EVEN get me started about the constant churn of limited editions where the waitlists are lengthy, but they take your money up front, and the increasingly inferior quality. My wallet is heading to those stores without a queue and with superior quality, thank you very much!

I'm sick of the line ups to get in. There's no Covid to worry about anymore, and for god's sake, it's not a nightclub. Get over yourself LV. There are lots of other lux places to buy bags where you can just sashay right on in. You're not the only game in town.
I agree. It's so inconvenient and I have stood in line for close to an hour before. And you finally get inside, and hardly anything is displayed. No monogram pieces at least. I guess they prefer it that way and only want their leather items to be displayed now. I honestly don't like their leather items and still only prefer their monogram pieces. But that's me.

Ugh, they’ve been doing this since pre-COVID -- and I HATE it. Takes all the spontaneity out of shopping. And then they put added pressure on you to buy since they follow you around and want to show you things. God forbid you carry a Birkin in the store and all they want to do is sell you a Capucines. Um, no, if I wanted a Capucines instead of a Birkin I would have purchased one by now. (No offense to those who love them. I simply dislike the flap in the middle and find the bag overpriced for what it is.) Don’t EVEN get me started about the constant churn of limited editions where the waitlists are lengthy, but they take your money up front, and the increasingly inferior quality. My wallet is heading to those stores without a queue and with superior quality, thank you very much!
I stopped shopping there back then because of these two new policies mainly. LV is not a necessity, another way is possible. Just promise yourself to not buy anything if you have to prepay and not enter the store if there's a line. After a while you might even forget about LV and maybe even save money (unless you start going to one of those stores without lines... :biggrin:

Last edited:
About to buy my first piece, any it’s a my world tour speedy (hopefully).

my unpopular opinion is that I’m going all out with the stickers - it does symbolise the journey of my honeymoon as it’s an anniversary present, but from what I see on here most people like to keep it as minimal as possible.
You should do all the stickers you want, especially for such a beautiful memory! Congratulations and very best wishes! PS: if I ever got a World Tour item I'd want as many stickers as possible, too!!

Oooh pics? Maybe you can convert me LOL

Yeah I can't do the classic brown monogram or DE. I already have brown hair and brown eyes. I don't need brown bags to match. :P
Lol I'm usually the same with black bags!

Well, don't blame me if I convert you :lol: :angel: this pouch absolutely glowed in store lighting. This is daylight but the brown is darker in the photo than in person.

On the plus side, think of how we will probably save heaps of $$ from not wanting every traditional brown mono item! 20220707_160859.jpg

Lol I'm usually the same with black bags!

Well, don't blame me if I convert you :lol: :angel: this pouch absolutely glowed in store lighting. This is daylight but the brown is darker in the photo than in person.

On the plus side, think of how we will probably save heaps of $$ from not wanting every traditional brown mono item! View attachment 5442380
Aw I love the pink!!! It's not bad at all because it makes it more unique. :heart:

LOL yeah I definitely don't want to collect all the traditional brown mono lmao. True - savings!

• Haha
Reactions: bagsamplified
Although I have bought numerous bags and other LV items over the past 7 years, I am still treated as an unimportant customer and still don't have an SA. So I never have a chance to get the nice stuff :frown: .
Try calling client services directly or emailing them. They tend to be very friendly and helpful in securing hard to find items. You can start developing a relationship that way?