What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
1.) I don't get the hype around the pochette metis. I find it really boring to look at and the zipper on the back gives me anxiety for my knit sweaters and tops!
2.) Epi is SO underrated!
3.) The Twist and the Capucines don't get enough love in my opinion; they are gorgeous bags and no one seems to talk about them and I don't know why!

2. I think the new By the Pool collection is awful. Some of the colours seem so washed out to me.
I do not like the By the Pool collection either. It is interesting to see how popular it is though. The colors are too light, ombre doesn't really suit bags (perhaps a sweat shirt is good in ombre) especially in such light coloring. The only think i like is may be the SLGs, but all of them are wayy over priced. The empriente leather makes everything look "dry". Some bags like petit sac looks worse with that thick black glazing which doesn't go at all with the light coloring. Definitely an "unpopular" opinion. lol

I always looked at LV as everyday, "casual" work bags. They have held up for me and I am HARD on my LV items (not to much on my CHANEL or Hermes). Before LV, it was Coach (OMG the leather on those pre 2003..WOW). I love the classic lines because they were simple and worked with everything. I love some of the newer leather styles but overall, nothing (bag-wise) has wowed me since the mid 2000's. Taste is subjective, however....I may not like something but it doesn't mean it isn't a beautiful item and works for someone else. That all said:

What is PISSING me off is I can't find basic items anymore. Sold out online. Sold out in stores. NO ONE will help you on the phone anywhere. My THREE LV STORES all shut down and moved to who-knows-where. The one in my local Neimans is gone because that Neimans and the mall it was in went under. Yes, COVID is partly to blame but ONLY partly.

I had my purse (one from HSN) stolen while in the hospital (not COVID related). I don't care about the bag or the contents, really but I would like to be able to replace the few LV items that were IN my bag. It's been more than a year and I have not been able to replace the makeup pouches, my wallet, my key holder and my agenda. What exactly IS the problem with getting items? WHY make it so hard? And what does Fashionphile have them for double the price? I'm sick of it and yes, I know that LV doesn't give a rip. But you know something, back in the day they loved taking my money, my mothers' money and my in-laws money. I have trunks, I have items that were loved but they stopped making, I have some gorgeous jewelry...but I can't get small items to save my soul. So fed up. I keep trying to get them because I actually LIKE and USE these items daily and they wear very well. WHy are they pushing customers away? I don't get it.

What is PISSING me off is I can't find basic items anymore. Sold out online. Sold out in stores.
Yes, I agree. So sad. I have a feeling that it is not that they just want to play the scarcity game, but that they literally cannot keep up with production. At the beginning of the century they had a 'collab' or a new canvas every 2-3 years only. Now they have one every 2 weeks, like H&M. It is March and we already have 6 new canvas prints for women and 10 for men. I wouldn't care about this if they had a reliable core collection. They don't.

I always looked at LV as everyday, "casual" work bags. They have held up for me and I am HARD on my LV items (not to much on my CHANEL or Hermes). Before LV, it was Coach (OMG the leather on those pre 2003..WOW). I love the classic lines because they were simple and worked with everything. I love some of the newer leather styles but overall, nothing (bag-wise) has wowed me since the mid 2000's. Taste is subjective, however....I may not like something but it doesn't mean it isn't a beautiful item and works for someone else. That all said:

What is PISSING me off is I can't find basic items anymore. Sold out online. Sold out in stores. NO ONE will help you on the phone anywhere. My THREE LV STORES all shut down and moved to who-knows-where. The one in my local Neimans is gone because that Neimans and the mall it was in went under. Yes, COVID is partly to blame but ONLY partly.

I had my purse (one from HSN) stolen while in the hospital (not COVID related). I don't care about the bag or the contents, really but I would like to be able to replace the few LV items that were IN my bag. It's been more than a year and I have not been able to replace the makeup pouches, my wallet, my key holder and my agenda. What exactly IS the problem with getting items? WHY make it so hard? And what does Fashionphile have them for double the price? I'm sick of it and yes, I know that LV doesn't give a rip. But you know something, back in the day they loved taking my money, my mothers' money and my in-laws money. I have trunks, I have items that were loved but they stopped making, I have some gorgeous jewelry...but I can't get small items to save my soul. So fed up. I keep trying to get them because I actually LIKE and USE these items daily and they wear very well. WHy are they pushing customers away? I don't get it.
I agree totally

Yes, I agree. So sad. I have a feeling that it is not that they just want to play the scarcity game, but that they literally cannot keep up with production. At the beginning of the century they had a 'collab' or a new canvas every 2-3 years only. Now they have one every 2 weeks, like H&M. It is March and we already have 6 new canvas prints for women and 10 for men. I wouldn't care about this if they had a reliable core collection. They don't.
Sounds like LV is also doing fast fashion now

Does anyone know why vanity pm bag is so popular? Is there history behind this piece? I feel that it looks like my son's lunch box! Not trying to be mean but I can't unsee it. Also, getting in and out of it seems cumbersome too. Why is this bag so popular for $2700 usd?
Vanity has become a new trend, not just with LV, but with other brands too. Dior, Chanel's vanity cases are very popular too. Personally I would never buy a vanity bag because it makes me think that it is essentially a make up slg like nice bb converted into a bag and i cannot unsee that. Also, i can imagine it being quite impractical to use while you are wearing it, with the zipper going round the bag like that and all

Does anyone know why vanity pm bag is so popular? Is there history behind this piece? I feel that it looks like my son's lunch box! Not trying to be mean but I can't unsee it. Also, getting in and out of it seems cumbersome too. Why is this bag so popular for $2700 usd?
I don’t get the vanity bag thing either. It’s almost like you can put a strap on anything these days, and call it a handbag. For some things it works, but others it just doesn’t.

Vanity pm just a cosmetic bag with a crossbody strap, not a fan either

I always looked at LV as everyday, "casual" work bags. They have held up for me and I am HARD on my LV items (not to much on my CHANEL or Hermes). Before LV, it was Coach (OMG the leather on those pre 2003..WOW). I love the classic lines because they were simple and worked with everything. I love some of the newer leather styles but overall, nothing (bag-wise) has wowed me since the mid 2000's. Taste is subjective, however....I may not like something but it doesn't mean it isn't a beautiful item and works for someone else.
Canvas bags aren't fancy bags, that is why they were used for luggages by LV at first, they are supposed to take a moderate level of beating. I have always approached purses with the idea that certain material are suited for certain type of wear. If i buy a silk clutch i would baby it a little bit or a nice lambskin purse requires care, but not canvas. I am tried of seeing people justifying declining quality by calling it "wear and tear". If i buy a canvas bag and use it for a month straight in a normal way of how a person would use a bag and the canvas starts to peel, I am sorry, that is not wear and tear because a decent quality canvas isn't supposed to "wear" like that. It is sad to see LV canvas is no longer approached in this manner, ie., as work horse bags.
The same thing goes for vachetta too. Vachetta should remind you of casual leather items used in old times, like for a horse saddle or a water pitcher in medieval Europe that beautifully darkens and wears off in say an outdoor farm setting. It isn't a fancy urban "take it to the ball" material that needs to look dashing and spotless all the time. Just my unpopular opinion :smile: