What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

I've said it once I've said it twice...I'll say it again!
You do not 'SCORE' a bag.
One PURCHASES a bag.
I'm Sick to the stomach of reading the term 'Score' in relation to buying items from Hermes.
I'm sorry but it sounds pathetic and needy...and makes me think of a sad junkie.
but then...maybe thats what we are?
Hermes junkies
(full disclosure..its my drug of choice for sure)

View attachment 5258185
I guess Ronald McDonald’s one of the main target markets of Hermès this season
Trigger warning, multiple pet peeves in the below statement :lol:

It’s more of a subtle product placement. After playing the game with multiple hauls and scoring a BKC from your H fairy, you bet all you can afford are Chicken McNuggets. :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Unpopular opinion:

I HATE Hermes SLGs. I keep buying and buying them thinking I would use them, but they always end up back on my shelf. So bland, so boring, and not really practical I find. I ended up selling most of mine.

The Calvi, I dislike the most. Its just a folded piece of leather...please.
Interesting to hear others’ perspective. I’m the opposite - I use my Calvi and Bastia all the time; no wallets. They fit in all my smaller bags.

My pet peeves are the larger pricey wallets like Constance long wallet, Kelly classic wallet, etc… especially in exotic leather. They look beautiful, but my pet peeve is the price point for a piece of SLG.

Interesting to hear others’ perspective. I’m the opposite - I use my Calvi and Bastia all the time; no wallets. They fit in all my smaller bags.

My pet peeves are the larger pricey wallets like Constance long wallet, Kelly classic wallet, etc… especially in exotic leather. They look beautiful, but my pet peeve is the price point for a piece of SLG.

Yeah I can see that, I have smaller wallets similar to the Calvi that I really enjoy. But, for me, I even find the calvi super overpriced for what it is. But that is just me personally.

I am with you, I've bought a bearn, kelly wallet, and constance wallet, and they were all pretty to look at, but incredibly annoying and fidgety, the design just isnt user friendly at all for each of them.

Hermes does gorgeous colours but I don’t understand why they do so many sliiiiight variations within a specific range and then leave others out completely.

Examples:
- the blue Mykonos/hydra/zellige/frida/ de France family. All slight variations of each other
- light gold: sesame, alezan, chai, biscuit, noisette, beige de Weimar, bronze doré

But then few offerings really around yellows, light greens, lavender/purple, non-bright medium blues.

Hermes does gorgeous colours but I don’t understand why they do so many sliiiiight variations within a specific range and then leave others out completely.

Examples:
- the blue Mykonos/hydra/zellige/frida/ de France family. All slight variations of each other
- light gold: sesame, alezan, chai, biscuit, noisette, beige de Weimar, bronze doré

But then few offerings really around yellows, light greens, lavender/purple, non-bright medium blues.
Yeah. Seems like they decide what colors will be “in” for a given season and offer scads of variations for those. “Outs” not so much or none.

Examples:

I too really miss a good purple range. I find the range I have seen to be very limited. Mauve (which too me is not really purple), anemone (which I like) and the others are too dark such as raisin.

Yeah I can see that, I have smaller wallets similar to the Calvi that I really enjoy. But, for me, I even find the calvi super overpriced for what it is. But that is just me personally.

I am with you, I've bought a bearn, kelly wallet, and constance wallet, and they were all pretty to look at, but incredibly annoying and fidgety, the design just isnt user friendly at all for each of them.
I keep my rarely used cc's in my calvi so I don't need to cary them all the time. I love my constance long because I can fit my phone in it and use it like a clutch when I don't want to carry a bag. But confession: I prefer Gucci and LV small wallets for smaller bags. More choices, great size. And reasonable prices.

Examples:

And, of course, each color varies so much depending on the leather.