What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

Barf. I just used the word haul the other day and now I’m cringing :lol: —I usually only use that word when shopping at thrift store.

The word “Journey” is so overused. I just feel people add this non-sensical weight to it as if they have been hand picked by the Hermès gods themselves and now they’re on their path to enlightenment —Honey, they just want your money. Being offered a bag is just an insanely creative way to incentivize in-store purchases by creating an imaginary scarcity of these quota sacs. I bet you if we lined up all the Kelly etoupes of the world we could circle the globe at least 46 times.

“Score!” This must be some kind of sports thing? I dare you ladies to scream out GOAAAALLLLL!!! and run around the store when being offered a new bag. Btw, I can’t throw or catch a sports ball of any kind.
This is my favorite unpopular opinion.

Ok..So this is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion so Please forgive me for it but speak out I must!
I wanted a Birkin in the late 80's....
This has evolved to the HAC which I feel just looks better on me (the slightly elongated proportion just feels 'right')...
BUT the overexposure of the Birkin on social media and the obsessiveness of people wanting to 'score'( :sick: ) one has actually put me right off the idea of even owning a HAC.
The over-exposure and obsession of it being a 'must have item' has to my mind cheapened its desirability.
Therefore I'm putting my HAC dreams on hold and concentrating on going for the more under the radar mainly discontinued bags that I love.
and when I do eventually come back to the idea of getting a Hac (or Birkin) I'm going to get a wonderfully aged softened much loved one that has had a life and shouts "I'm not an IT bag! I'm not a status symbol! I'm a beautifully crafted item made in a classic design out of a heritage leather and I've carried lots of "stuff" and will go on carrying more "stuff" and still be loved scratches, slouch and all"
Totally agree with this! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my birkin, but the thing I love most is it’s old and squishy and I can use it for carrying lots of ’stuff’ (frequently groceries to be honest).
Whilst I love using it, I’m generally hoping no one will know what it is and for the most part (where I live) they don’t.
With the exception of last year we go to Paris every year and while I love shopping for other H items, I’ve never even tried to get a leather appointment because I’m just not that fussed about a new one.
The turquoise one I had was a little loud for me (although in two years I only had two people recognise it). Now I have Ebene, with the hardware facing toward me it really is just a brown bag to everyone else. Only Brigitte (I know I’m sad naming my bag!) and I know how special she is :heart:
Edited to say that I have had searches set up for a HAC for you since you missed out on the 32 in Havanne at Bagista (which I eyed too at the time but thought Ardennes may be too structured for me). Shall I stop looking? :lol:

Totally agree with this! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my birkin, but the thing I love most is it’s old and squishy and I can use it for carrying lots of ’stuff’ (frequently groceries to be honest).
Whilst I love using it, I’m generally hoping no one will know what it is and for the most part (where I live) they don’t.
With the exception of last year we go to Paris every year and while I love shopping for other H items, I’ve never even tried to get a leather appointment because I’m just not that fussed about a new one.
The turquoise one I had was a little loud for me (although in two years I only had two people recognise it). Now I have Ebene, with the hardware facing toward me it really is just a brown bag to everyone else. Only Brigitte (I know I’m sad naming my bag!) and I know how special she is :heart:
Edited to say that I have had searches set up for a HAC for you since you missed out on the 32 in Havanne at Bagista (which I eyed too at the time but thought Ardennes may be too structured for me). Shall I stop looking? :lol:
Keep looking ....and when you get yours and post the pic my hunger (lust? need? desire?) will be re-awakened and I'll have one less person competing for one :smile:
Btw...dont get me wrong I do :heart: the Birkin but I do just hate what they've come to symbolise.
Happy HAC hunting !

Completely! It makes me laugh when people in my area do a double-take when I’m cramming packets of pasta, vegetables... or a scraper and feather duster in my H at the DIY store the other day :lol: :lol:

Keep looking ....and when you get yours and post the pic my hunger (lust? need? desire?) will be re-awakened and I'll have one less person competing for one :smile:
Btw...dont get me wrong I do :heart: the Birkin but I do just hate what they've come to symbolise.
Happy HAC hunting !
Noooo, I mean’t I’ve been looking for one for you! :lol: (I really sound weird now!)

Ok..So this is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion so Please forgive me for it but speak out I must!
I wanted a Birkin in the late 80's....
This has evolved to the HAC which I feel just looks better on me (the slightly elongated proportion just feels 'right')...
BUT the overexposure of the Birkin on social media and the obsessiveness of people wanting to 'score'( :sick: ) one has actually put me right off the idea of even owning a HAC.
The over-exposure and obsession of it being a 'must have item' has to my mind cheapened its desirability.
Therefore I'm putting my HAC dreams on hold and concentrating on going for the more under the radar mainly discontinued bags that I love.
and when I do eventually come back to the idea of getting a Hac (or Birkin) I'm going to get a wonderfully aged softened much loved one that has had a life and shouts "I'm not an IT bag! I'm not a status symbol! I'm a beautifully crafted item made in a classic design out of a heritage leather and I've carried lots of "stuff" and will go on carrying more "stuff" and still be loved scratches, slouch and all"

TBH, I totally agree with this. I don't dislike the Birkin, it's a beautiful design, but it's position as the ultimate "status symbol" bag is a huge detractor to me. The Kelly as well, if we're going there. I kind of feel like, "when I'm spending this much money, I just want something everyone else doesn't have," and a Birkin in a loud color, or even Croc just isn't enough a differentiator. I'm sorry, but if I had the money, I could pick up a Himalayan today (not from H of course LMAO), if it's what I really desired, and that's exactly what makes it undesirable. And that leads to my other unpopular opinion: B/K/C bags are a dime a dozen. Sure not literally, but the market is FLOODED with choice. Clearly they're not that hard to get. In fact, many NON-quota bags are harder to find, even on the aftermarket.

1000%+ journey, haul, score etc? Do people say that about shopping with other brands?
I consider H a store I shop at. Maybe the drive to the mall is the journey?
They don't use the word journey but haul and score is generic youtube talk. That is not related to brands or price. Although there is an abundance of teens doing high street hauls.