What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

Inspired to comment here because I just dropped my B35 off for a bit of spa work, and as I sat chatting with the SA I looked at my bag and thought 'dang, that is one gorgeous, beautifully made bag', and 'I don't give a fig (not what I said in my head but this is a polite forum) who the heck else is coveting one, carrying one, or 'over' one'. I carry mine because I just love it, and despite the apparently popular opinion that it's 'overexposed'. I like to roll under the radar as much as the next iconoclast but not, I guess, at the expense of enjoying what I love.

There are a lots of resellers who keeps flipping new and freshBKC for high profit, however H has not done anything to stop this。
A reputable consignment store in my city (Toronto )offers brand new B and K frequently this year, I can not help to suspect ——store owner flips bags OR some H clients flips fresh purchase.
A couple of months ago I bought an epsom Sellier 28 cm Kelly in Black with GHW at my local Hermes store. I checked out reseller sites and they were all selling the exact same bag for at least twice what I paid for it. For the hell of it I offered the bag to several resellers, and every single one offered me several thousand less than what I paid for it just a week earlier. This automatically made me very suspicious of the bags on these sites. Who would turn around and sell a bag at a significant loss within a week of buying it? I explained it was brand new, never used, and while a couple upped their offered, it still would have represented a significant loss for me. So either a) they have employees who go into Hermes stores and buy the bags for resale, or b) a significant number of the bags offered by resellers are fake. I've always been suspicious of the bags on these sites and this confirmed my suspicions.

Ok..So this is probably going to be a very unpopular opinion so Please forgive me for it but speak out I must!
I wanted a Birkin in the late 80's....
This has evolved to the HAC which I feel just looks better on me (the slightly elongated proportion just feels 'right')...
BUT the overexposure of the Birkin on social media and the obsessiveness of people wanting to 'score'( :sick: ) one has actually put me right off the idea of even owning a HAC.
The over-exposure and obsession of it being a 'must have item' has to my mind cheapened its desirability.
Therefore I'm putting my HAC dreams on hold and concentrating on going for the more under the radar mainly discontinued bags that I love.
and when I do eventually come back to the idea of getting a Hac (or Birkin) I'm going to get a wonderfully aged softened much loved one that has had a life and shouts "I'm not an IT bag! I'm not a status symbol! I'm a beautifully crafted item made in a classic design out of a heritage leather and I've carried lots of "stuff" and will go on carrying more "stuff" and still be loved scratches, slouch and all"
I bought my first Hermes bag in the mid-1980's before there even was a Birkin. I've owned a number of Kellys, and other bags, but never a Birkin. I keep saying I should buy one at some point, but I never saw it as a practical bag for me (I like to go hands free), so I just never get around to it.

Hmm I don't understand giving bags a pronoun...'she'. I really like all of my bags but I don't name them and I always find it funny when people refer to a handbag in the 3rd person. :huh:

Right? For example, a couple of my bags prefer the pronoun ‘he’ —And don’t even get me started about my cars, they both identify as male but are often confused for the opposite sex.

They often get compliments like “oh she’s a beaut!” And I promptly say “Yep, he’s a real looker. He takes after his Daddy of course.” It gets awkward real quick.

I don’t understand why I do it but I also think it’s funny and it’s way too late to go back now.

Hmm I don't understand giving bags a pronoun...'she'. I really like all of my bags but I don't name them and I always find it funny when people refer to a handbag in the 3rd person. :huh:
Right? For example, a couple of my bags prefer the pronoun ‘he’ —And don’t even get me started about my cars, they both identify as male but are often confused for the opposite sex.

They often get compliments like “oh she’s a beaut!” And I promptly say “Yep, he’s a real looker. He takes after his Daddy of course.” It gets awkward real quick.

I don’t understand why I do it but I also think it’s funny and it’s way too late to go back now.
100% guilty of this! Although it was actually DH that started naming the bags, with vehicles I’ve always named the older ones that have a bit of character. For example a 1958 Vespa GS I had was Luigi, my son’s somewhat beaten up old Toyota is Trevor. I need to get out more :lol:

Don't be surprised if you overhear your bags referring to you as "the human" then :lol:
I'm 200% guilty of the bag personification, even if I don't name them formally.

I don’t understand the stitching color they chose for 5P pink. So weird to my eyes...granted I’m not a pink lover in general but I can appreciate them as beautiful shades that others love - but this particular contrast stitching is so odd to me!

And yeah I’m noticing this now because recently we’ve seen more members share their 5P bags in non exotics as they are produced this season. The exotics are with tonal stitching right? Those look much better to me...why did they make it different for regular leathers? Yet another H mystery / “quirk” I guess.

Reactions: xxDxx and Angelian
Newly-formed unpopular opinion:

Neutrals are overplayed.

Since I’ve started the handbag thing in the past six months, I’ve really started to notice what other women (and of course some men) are wearing...Beige beige beige beige beige beige beige. Oh and maybe black and an occasional off-white.

Like I get it, neutrals are GREAT for pairing with outfits that are statements in-and-of themselves or patterned or otherwise have a lot going on...but when someone is just wearing black/gray/white/beige with a neutral bag, everything just looks like a bowl of oatmeal. It saddens me.

Moral of this story: if you’re wearing neutral clothes, your bag should make a statement other than, “I’m blending-in.”

Neutrals are overplayed.

Since I’ve started the handbag thing in the past six months, I’ve really started to notice what other women (and of course some men) are wearing...Beige beige beige beige beige beige beige. Oh and maybe black and an occasional off-white.

Like I get it, neutrals are GREAT for pairing with outfits that are statements in-and-of themselves or patterned or otherwise have a lot going on...but when someone is just wearing black/gray/white/beige with a neutral bag, everything just looks like a bowl of oatmeal. It saddens me.

Moral of this story: if you’re wearing neutral clothes, your bag should make a statement other than, “I’m blending-in.”
That’s why I always a bold dash of navy to my outfits :lol: (Kidding. Most of my accessories are loud AF)

Neutrals are overplayed.

I think that's more a style thing. I'm a neutral on neutral person when I dress. Mostly blacks, greys and whites with maybe some red or pink sprinkled in, and my bags pretty much follow suit.

I think that's more a style thing. I'm a neutral on neutral person when I dress. Mostly blacks, greys and whites with maybe some red or pink sprinkled in, and my bags pretty much follow suit.

You're absolutely correct, which is why I posted it in this thread. And, in all fairness, I've definitely seen many well-styled all neutral outfits and appreciate those. I think just standing in line at the DMV yesterday in a sea of neutral bags and dull outfits for two hours had an effect on me...the DMV is already boring-enough everyone! :-s

You're absolutely correct, which is why I posted it in this thread. And, in all fairness, I've definitely seen many well-styled all neutral outfits and appreciate those. I think just standing in line at the DMV yesterday in a sea of neutral bags and dull outfits for two hours had an effect on me...the DMV is already boring-enough everyone! :-s
It's funny, cause the (little) beige that is in my wardrobe isn't a neutral to me in my context. A neutral would be something I could wear with mostly anything else with little thought, but beige or off whites are tricky to me because they clash if there's anything else that is crisp white and sometimes also with black. I mostly consider navy / marine neutrals for that reason and black. :biggrin: That's why I won't ever have a beige bag, it'll quickly end up a styling nightmare in beige.

It's funny, cause the (little) beige that is in my wardrobe isn't a neutral to me in my context. A neutral would be something I could wear with mostly anything else with little thought, but beige or off whites are tricky to me because they clash if there's anything else that is crisp white and sometimes also with black. I mostly consider navy / marine neutrals for that reason and black. :biggrin: That's why I won't ever have a beige bag, it'll quickly end up a styling nightmare in beige.
Jumping on the neutrals thing anything Beige just goes 'meh' on me.
Some people look fabulous head to toe in taupe and ivory (my assistant at work for example).
When it comes to Hermes my idea of neutrals are: Blue Nuit, Ebene,Havanne,Gold,Black,Graphite,Prunoir,Crae,Vert Armand,Etoupe and Etain.
I'd wear all of those except Crae and Etoupe (I've said it before...I cant stand Etoupe!)