What’s your unpopular Hermes opinion?

My unpopular opinion (because I saw a lady today carrying one) is that I think bright almost neon colors cheapen Hermes handbags. I saw a lady with a bright green Kelly today and well… ya. I guess because I’m in Florida they’re very popular. But the bright yellows, greens and some shades of pink….I don’t know. Don’t be mad at me.

I understand ^^^ as a NYC girl living in FLA I noticed the colors offered in boutique are more Florida, meaning more pastel or bright than NYC. The colors there would not work as well here and vice versa. In the Miami boutique for instance, there is a noticeable color palette and the boutique is cohesive in regards to overall look and stock. I myself are drawn to the neutrals and will probably always be.

My unpopular opinion (because I saw a lady today carrying one) is that I think bright almost neon colors cheapen Hermes handbags. I saw a lady with a bright green Kelly today and well… ya. I guess because I’m in Florida they’re very popular. But the bright yellows, greens and some shades of pink….I don’t know. Don’t be mad at me.
My wardrobe is very neutral...I generally wear black, navy, white and cream...so I love a pop of color. I love all my bright H silks and have a turquoise B that I carry often and a bambou bag is on my wishlist. I hold the opposite, and undoubtedly unpopular, opinion that etain and etoupe are terribly boring...not dissimilar to wearing khakis every day. Also don't understand the appeal of gold. To each their own however.

If this happens a lot more often as they say, then maybe they need a drop-off zone for “entitled kids” as you call them, and that room be furnished with the H wooden horse, H blankets and pillows, etc…. and introducing them to the brand that way….many of us here grew up making those childhood/teenage trips with our parents… childhood memories (positive or negative) is a huge part of that emotional connection with H…
While I totally respect your thought about children growing into knowing the brand and establishing a connection early on, my unpopular opinion is that I absolutely dislike the idea of trying to establish any kind of connection between a child and a luxury brand. I'd prefer my children to have memories and experiences that have nothing to do with the world of luxury or brands, no matter if it's Hermès or Chanel or even Nike. To me personally (again, you do you obviously) the only thought I'd want my children to have about luxury brands is that it's just expensive stuff. Of course when they're old enough to get interested in these things on their own, they are free to explore the brands they want and develop the connections they want. But I will not do anything to establish or nurture a connection my children have to a brand that is just selling stuff.

While I totally respect your thought about children growing into knowing the brand and establishing a connection early on, my unpopular opinion is that I absolutely dislike the idea of trying to establish any kind of connection between a child and a luxury brand. I'd prefer my children to have memories and experiences that have nothing to do with the world of luxury or brands, no matter if it's Hermès or Chanel or even Nike. To me personally (again, you do you obviously) the only thought I'd want my children to have about luxury brands is that it's just expensive stuff. Of course when they're old enough to get interested in these things on their own, they are free to explore the brands they want and develop the connections they want. But I will not do anything to establish or nurture a connection my children have to a brand that is just selling stuff.
I 100% agree. I take my 16 year old son to Hermes, Dior, Fendi, etc...He could care less. He's just hanging with his mom and chatting with the SAs who love him (probably more than me). Any time he picks up an item he likes, he gets the same response, "Go to school, get good grades, get a good job and you can buy whatever you want." Lol.

My growing unpopular opinion is that I am getting increasingly irritated by being asked to visit my home store frequently. If I want something and it’s available, I go in or if I want to browse I go. I have a strong spend. I have a quota and non quota, non-leather item wishlist. I don’t want to come in regularly just for the sake of being seen when I am busy with my life. The new pressures for check-in visits takes a lot of the pleasure out of the experience for me.

My unpopular opinion is - as a father of seven kids so I have some experiences - if you take your children to the store, don't stay there for 75 minutes and have them take up all the seats in the middle of the busy section! I was so annoyed tonight when my wife with 12 week old was unable to sit down during the "wish-list appointment" because of a group of entitled 'rude and entitled' peeps allowed their kids to make themselves at home - LITERALLY falling asleep (yeah good one Dad-of-the-year who would rather sleep than supervise his own kids) while his kids slouched all over the chairs playing phones. Um, how about move over to a different area of the store where there are more appropriate places for this - and the shopping areas are made free for paying customers!

I commented how I felt it was too much and to not move your kids for a lady who needs to feed a baby was just wrong. The SA was like - yes, happens every day now.

Sadly this seems to be the normal where parents just let their kids have no boundaries and they are sat with screens to zombie them out so that parents don't have to - you know the word - parent!

ScarfBloke.

I missed those times where max 2 persons allowed for each appointment with SA (COVID safe distancing measure)...... now with the borders opening up and influx of tourists, previously saw a group of 5-7 persons and another occasion a group of family of many ppl complete with 3 generations in tow occupied whole sitting area of men's section looking at 1 person trying on sandal.......

My unpopular H opinion is that Birkins do not need charms. Charms cheapen them. Birkins are stunning on their own. I only use my Rodeo PM for my Garden Party 36 since the bag is plain and spacious enough to squeeze one Rodeo.

Thank You! I’m glad someone said it. Birkins and Kellies don’t need all the charms. I hope I don’t offend anyone, but they are so tacky. I can barely tolerate twillies. I know they are necessary sometimes and I plan on getting 2 for my B30 nata. But it’s a no for me dog. Lol