Food What's your Thanksgiving menu? Plans?

pmburk

O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
What are you serving for Thanksgiving? Are you cooking? Visiting family?

We cook every year and this year is no exception. We both *love* to cook & love food. :lol:

Menu for this year is roast turkey with gravy, cornbread dressing, wild rice pilaf with cranberries & pecans, roasted brussels sprouts, candied sweet potatoes, yeast rolls, cranberry relish, and apple-cranberry tart for dessert.

On Thanksgiving morning, we always have Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend coffee & Trader Joe's croissants, then during the day everyone snacks on finger foods & hors d'oeuvres until the big meal.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year. I have family from out of town and my fiancé's parents are joining us this year, too.

The cooking is split between me, my mom, aunt and my uncle who does the fried turkey.

This year's menu-
Cajun fried turkey and sweet glazed roasted turkey breast
Dressing
Baked mac and cheese
Greens
Cornbread
Sweet potato casserole

For dessert we're doing sweet potato pie and peach cobbler.

We're having everyone over this year. We have a huge family and we like a plentiful table plus lots of special dietary needs from those who don't eat meat, no pork eaters, non-bread eaters, allergies to nuts, etc. Ugh....I can't even begin to discuss how annoying all of their individual food issues are...lol. Also because we're West Indian, we have to appease the folks who want our traditional food usually served at family gatherings. Smh.

Obviously I'm not cooking all of this myself, it's mostly me, my mom and 2 other family members.

Our menu:
2 turkeys - 1 baked, 1 jerk fried
Honey glazed ham
Roasted fish
Short ribs
Stewed chicken
Macaroni pie x2 since it goes so fast (same as baked mac n cheese different name)
Sweet potato casserole
Cornbread dressing
Wild rice dressing
Peas and rice
Greens
Green beans
Cabbage
Corn
Roll/cornbread
Cranberry sauce
Gravy

Plus the deserts and guest rarely show up empty handed so I'm sure there will be more food.

Last edited:
We cook every year. This year's menu:

Roast turkey with gravy
Cornbread & sourdough dressing with chestnuts
Candied sweet potatoes
Wild rice pilaf with dried cranberries & pecans
Garlic mashed potatoes
Cranberry relish
Roasted brussels sprouts
Yeast Rolls
Apple Cranberry tart
Chocolate pecan pie

I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year. I have family from out of town and my fiancé's parents are joining us this year, too.

The cooking is split between me, my mom, aunt and my uncle who does the fried turkey.

This year's menu-
Cajun fried turkey and sweet glazed roasted turkey breast
Dressing
Baked mac and cheese
Greens
Cornbread
Sweet potato casserole

For dessert we're doing sweet potato pie and peach cobbler.

That sounds delicious!

We're having everyone over this year. We have a huge family and we like a plentiful table plus lots of special dietary needs from those who don't eat meat, no pork eaters, non-bread eaters, allergies to nuts, etc. Ugh....I can't even begin to discuss how annoying all of their individual food issues are...lol. Also because we're West Indian, we have to appease the folks who want our traditional food usually served at family gatherings. Smh.

Obviously I'm not cooking all of this myself, it's mostly me, my mom and 2 other family members.

Our menu:
Honey glazed ham
Roasted fish
Short ribs
Stewed chicken
Macaroni pie x2 since it goes so fast (same as baked mac n cheese different name)
Sweet potato casserole
Cornbread dressing
Wild rice dressing
Peas and rice
Greens
Green beans
Cabbage
Corn
Roll/cornbread
Cranberry sauce
Gravy

Plus the deserts and guest rarely show up empty handed so I'm sure there will be more food.

Wow, that's a lot of food!

Our menu:
Honey glazed ham
Roasted fish
Short ribs
Stewed chicken
Sweet potato casserole
Cornbread dressing
Wild rice dressing
Peas and rice
Greens
Green beans
Cabbage
Corn
Roll/cornbread
Cranberry sauce
Gravy

Stewed chicken :drool: Yummy! You have quite a spread planned, it all sounds great.

This is my first year making thanksgiving dinner myself. I am making a roast turkey (12 pounds was the smallest I found), mashed potatoes, gravy, herb stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, and a pumpkin pie. It's only me and my boyfriend eating, so we will freeze some of the left over turkey and I'm making a small amount of the side dishes.

This is going to be my first year hosting a Thanksgiving dinner . I'm a novice at cooking, my hubby cooks most of the meals, he will be helping as well.I'm roasting a 19 pound turkey. It's currently brining. I'm also making mashed potatoes and Gravy, stuffing and a green bean casserole, canned cranberry sauce 😆. I also have a 10 lb honey baked ham and a pumpkin cheesecake. I hope everything turns out yummy. I'm wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends! ❤

This is my first year making thanksgiving dinner myself. I am making a roast turkey (12 pounds was the smallest I found), mashed potatoes, gravy, herb stuffing, fresh cranberry sauce, and a pumpkin pie. It's only me and my boyfriend eating, so we will freeze some of the left over turkey and I'm making a small amount of the side dishes.

you can always make soup out of the leftover turkey using the bones and some of the meat....best soup ever.

you can always make soup out of the leftover turkey using the bones and some of the meat....best soup ever.

I thought of that this morning too! I am definitely going to make a turkey soup this weekend. I have lots of left over carrots, onions, and celery! I'll have to stop at target on Saturday and buy a stock pot though....good excuse to buy some more kitchen stuff ;)

I thought of that this morning too! I am definitely going to make a turkey soup this weekend. I have lots of left over carrots, onions, and celery! I'll have to stop at target on Saturday and buy a stock pot though....good excuse to buy some more kitchen stuff ;)

Bwahaha! I just sat down to a bowl of turkey rice soup. I tend to eat late and it just finished up! :P

When we were shopping for Thanksgiving, my DD7 said, "Mom, don't forget the crackers!" I asked, "For soup?" "YES!!! That's the best part!" :lol: