What's your system for changing your bags?

Donauwaller

Jan 5, 2013
Assuming that most of you have more than one handbag :graucho:, what's your system for changing from one to the other? How often do you change, do you change all SLGs as well?

I, for instance, love the procedure of getting a different bag out of its storage, filling everything in and having a new look, so I'm doing this quite often, depending on my mood/the weather/the occasion. Also I always have two bags in use, a larger one that carries all my stuff, and a smaller one for the essentials needed when going shopping, walking the dogs etc. The only SLG I ever change is the purse, independently from the bag. My pochettes and keyring always remain the same.

Right now, with the weather around here being AWFULL, I carry my Speedy B 30 DE plus my brand new Alexander Wang Mini Rockie ('cause no matter how hard I try I can't decide which Alma BB to get first :Pullhair:smile:

And you??

bugn

Celebrate Everything
O.G.
Sep 4, 2011
For me, living in PNW it always depends on whether its raining or not. If its rain free than it depends on what I am wearing. I like to match. Sometimes I will change bags every day. I have a big closet though, so everything is laid out. I don't keep anything in boxes nor dust bags, I have some dust bags lightly draped over some bags. (I changed my daughters old room into a huge walkin room closet, so my bags are on shelves, slgs in drawers, etc...) - I sold most of my bag charms and slg's. I just am a 1 wallet girl. Taking out cards and stuff is kind of a hassle to me. I do have an epi card cles w/ id & bank debit that stays in wallet but if my bag is a small one, then I just take the card cles and leave big wallet behind. HTH

LuxMommy

Jan 26, 2013
I used to have spring/summer bags + matching SLGs and then autumn/winter bags and matching SLGs and in addition a few smaller evening bags. Then I realized it was ridiculous to have those bags just sitting on the shelf for half a year at a time, so I have sold everything and started over, this time aiming at all of my bags being year-round bags. I plan to have 4 daytime/work bags to be rotated weekly, so I only carry one bag for 1 week each month. The SLGs I now have are one set to be used all the time, and I might get another set later for variety, but changing those often is just too much of a hassle.

litchi

Apr 11, 2015
I change purses every 3-4 days or use one for a week, if I enjoyed carrying it. Wallets, clefs and pochettes are changed every 2 weeks. I find myself missing my bags so I rotate often. :smile: Small items are in pochettes and I just move them purse to purse. This arrangement works better for me than a purse organiser.

bunnches

Feb 3, 2011
I have sold off most of my LV that just didn't "work" for me and kept 2, my Artsy and Metis. However I do have various other designers: Gucci, Kate Spade, Tory Burch. Honestly I'm pretty lazy when it comes to switching out my bags...I tend to use one for a month or so before finally changing. I also used to match all my wallets to my bags, but that got REALLY exhausting! So now I just use the same wallet in each bag. I don't care anymore if it matches lol. I was becoming too high maintenance for myself!

Kyuri

Jun 11, 2015
I keep the empreinte key pouch/cles as my wallet. It can go directly into my smaller bags. When going into my larger bags where it can get "lost" at the bottom, I insert it into a pochette together with my lipstick, lip balm, lotion, phone, and sometimes agenda pm. This pochette actually fits my smaller bags, too. So, I pull out the pochette, glasses, sunglasses, keys when I change bags. I get black, beige, brown bags so I don't have to match the bags to anything. I run through a list of situations in my head to pick the bag:

- Have to take kid's stuff with me? --> Speedy B 30 DE
- If not, then, do I have to go out to some public venue (concert, club, etc)? --> Rebecca Minkoff Mini Avery in all black
- If not, then, is it raining? --> Random $20 Zara slouchy hobo bag which is actually pretty decent and very soft PU.
- If not, then, do I think I'll end up having to hold other stuff? --> Mono Speedy 25 with extra strap
- Else, Coach Mini Bennett.

Deucedst96

Mar 14, 2015
What?!? A chart to manage one's bags? WHOA! I wanna see that genius idea in practice!:graucho:

I'm ashamed to say I actually have a chart. I have the favorite mm in all 3 prints and every 3 months I rotate them. 😃 Those are my only bags in my collection. During the winter months when it's time to carry my mono, I use the DE strap. There's a method to my madness.

Thanks for allowing me to share without judging. ☺️