What's your personal style?

1. I think we had a thread about this once but I love seeing the answers. What are the hallmarks of your style?

For me, I'm always going for sleekness, especially at work...I focus a lot on the fit and cut and condition of everything on my body. On the weekends the goal is casual but not slovenly (I take this seriously- I hardly ever wear jeans without some element that makes them polished, like a blazer, and I almost never wear T-shirts outside of the house unless they're layered under something else.) For going out at night the same principles apply but I'm usually trying to look polished and evening-y at the same time, which means adding some more interesting elements or putting things together in a more unusual way.

I wear almost all neutrals with just the occasional splash of color (and it's usually a muted color like burgundy or whisper pink- almost never anything really bright.) I often do one color, or variations of it, from head to toe: camel and brown, black and grey, etc.

I try not to repeat myself. I almost never put together the exact same outfit twice, or at least not twice in a month or so. The fun of an almost entirely neutral wardrobe is the ability to mix and match like that. And I usually have something new I can add like shoes or a top I just purchased.

What style principles do you see yourself following- albeit maybe unconsciously?

Ash

2. I have a couple reoccuring themes:

- the ingenue (ie the schoolgirl): short skirt, heels, a white button down shirt, blouse or a sweater of some sort, a blazer
    - the secretary: pencil skirt, heels, fitted sweater or chiffon blouse
    - the sexpot: bright colors, Versace, Roberto Cavalli, or Gucci, high jeweled sandals, maybe a fur, weather permitting

But a significant amount of time I am none of those.

3. I tend not to buy neutrals or classics. If I do, it's often a twist on a classic. This is why although I have plenty of black pencil skirts, none of them are really a plain black wool pencil skirt, so matching can be difficult.

I buy t shirts in bulk (even though I rarely wear them).

I have a preference for evening wear. Favorite details/styles include: sequins, beading, lace, poufy skirts, mini lengths, bows.

Right now belts are my favorite accessory, especially those by Roberto Cavalli (though Gucci ones are more "neutral"), which I wear over coats and even over crested blazers or sweaters.

4. Mine is premium denim with pure a cotton t-shirt. Petit Bateau or adam+eve usually. In warmer weather I wear a Ralph Lauren linen blazer over this and in cooler weather I wear my Burberry coat. I go for fabrics and cut over anything else.

My personal style is probably best summed up by what I DON'T wear than do: :P

I never wear black.

I never wear trends.

I never wear high-heels.

I never wear costume jewelry.

I never wear any jewelry except for earrings.

I don't carry shoulder bags.

5. Shameless trendwhore. Just kidding. Sort of. May post a thoughtful response tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice