What's your opinion on ceramic watches ~ trendy or classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenner

Feb 1, 2007
What do you think of ceramic watches ~ are they something that is going to be a trend, and in a few years nobody will be wearing them or is it somehting that will be a classic? I love them, but don't want to spend a lot on a watch that will be out in a few years. Thanks!

I purchased my Chanel J12 two years ago & people still go made about this watch & it was fashionable for a few years before I got mine, I hope it doesn't go out of fashion but you can never really be sure, but if your unsure buy a rolex you can't go wrong with a rolex, there a classic design & they will always be desirable.

Truthfully, I feel like ceramic is a new classic... lol, to use an oxymoron.

I've had my J12 forever and it gets soooo many compliments my mother noticed too and got herself a ceramic. I wore it for a couple years straight, right on through the cold months a few times, even though it was white. I just fell in love and never took it off! Then I overhauled the first watch my DH gave me and gave the J12 a well deserved rest - funny, now the first watch face looks so small! LoL

Because of the cost of metals & many growing industrialized nations, don't think they are a fad at all.
Believe we are going to see other items that used to be made from metal made out of different materials.

i think the ceramic watch is a good "second watch" meaning you have your prized metal or leather or what have you classic watch, and then you buy a ceramic watch to swamp in and out of. you could rotate it for a couple of years even. If I had a chanel j12 I probably won't take it off for a good couple of years.

I purchased my Chanel J12 two years ago & people still go made about this watch & it was fashionable for a few years before I got mine, I hope it doesn't go out of fashion but you can never really be sure, but if your unsure buy a rolex you can't go wrong with a rolex, there a classic design & they will always be desirable.

This is the watch that I love! I found a good deal online, and am considering it so glad to hear that you still like yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.