whats your opinion on buying a "pre owned" lv?

I haven't bought anything that has been used, and I've only purchased LV bags from LV stores.

I might buy something pre-owned someday, if there will be a discontinued item I want badly, but it would have to be in perfect condition. :yes:

All My LV bags are kind of souvenirs too, since I buy something from every country and every city I've been travelling to. :tender:

I have no problem purchasing second hand, if it's saving me $$$. If I can get it new at a great price, even better! :P

My first LV was brand new, and my second isn't (which is arriving tomorrow, - big thanks to my sis who spotted it at a consignment store and rang my sweet hubby and hubby who bought it for me). I'm just as excited about it. :yahoo:

Admittedly, it's only worth purchasing second hand if it is something you would have wanted to purchase at full price.

nothing compares to---- walking in, choosing a bag that you fancy and suits you,buying it/them and walking out with your loot bag from your favorite store ---- priceless....priceless.....priceless..... buying a pre-owned LV bag? just make sure you buy from a reputable seller.

I've bought pre-owned bags from ebay for great prices and they were basically brand new. The way I see it is I'm getting a brand new bag (that has maybe been carried once or twice) for a smaller price which means I have MORE money to buy MORE bags.

It's a win/win situation!!

I´m comfortable with pre-owned as they are cheaper and it´s practically the only way I get my LV´s. But, they have to be in good condition.

I love the whole boutique experience, so I usually do that. But like many here if it is discontinued, I will buy from ebay or let-trade....
after alot of research and to double protect myself, I pay with paypal, with a cc.

I'm too new to the world of LV to consider buying a pre-owned bag. I know it's more expensive but I just can't bear the thought of accidentally getting a fake.

And, honestly, I don't want someone else's wear and tear on my bag. If it was in like-new condition I might consider but I'm a tough sell.

I do love a lot of the discontinued items (esp. the graffiti!) but I'm going to focus on building my collection with the newer pieces and probably won't spend time trying to track down the oldies but goodies.

LV bags are about the only thing that I'm willing to buy pre-owned, since they are cheaper and I just don't have enough money right now to always buy from the boutique.

I'm very picky about the bags that I buy online from eBay...if the handles are a little dirty or even if the vachetta had a visible scratch, I wouldn't buy it. The bag pretty much has to be in near-pristine, used-only-a-few-times condition. So far both of my arrived purchases fit that criteria, although one of my bags have little barely visible stains that I will try to take out with leather conditioner.

For new pieces, I'd much rather buy from the boutique. But I won't hesitate to buy discontinued pieces from ebay (actually winning them is another story though), as long as the patina isn't too dark.