What's your opinion on bangs? Cute or high-maitenance?

BacardiGirl

FitMama Runs (and Shops!)
Aug 7, 2007
I am major need of a haircut...have not had one since February! (Trying to grow my hair out long again...I know, I know, I should have trims, though) One thing about haircuts..I always feel like I am never getting my money's worth for a 'trim,' I always want a real change! This time, I am debating getting bangs...I have not had bangs in over 10 years, so this would be a big deal for me. I love the way some stars look with bangs...for example, Jessica Alba and Vanessa Hudgens. However, I am worried that, while the cut might be cute, will they just end up 'getting in the way?' ESPECIALLY, when I am working out, and sweat is pouring down my forehead? Plus, I often times pull all my hair back in a pony before I head to work..no styling, just clip and go.
Any thoughts? BTW, my hair is VERY thick, course, mostly straight and shoulder length.

For me personally, they are high maintenance because my hair grows too fast and I'm too lazy to style my hair or make frequent trips to the salon to keep it from irritating my eyes. I do agree that it looks great on some, just not on me he! he!

I had them for the last four years and while they looked great on me, they were too high maintenance for my lifestyle. I have just finished growing them out, and my hair is a lot easier to take care of now.

i think they're cute AND high maintenance. i recently got side swept bangs and just as i predicted, they're a bit much for me to maintain. i'm the type of person who doesn't wear makeup or take an hour getting dressed, so needless to say, i do not like fussing with my hair.

i love my hairstyle now, but the thought of bang trims every couple of weeks drives me crazy. and i too never get just trims because they're not worth it IMO, so i wait and get 5-6 inches cut off everytime i get a haircut. too bad my new hairstyle needs to be maintained every single month *sigh*

I love bangs and alternate between letting them grow out and cutting them. I currently have a bang now and although it's cute, it is very high maintenance. I have to trim mine every other week, but it's not so bad since I cut and style my own hair.

Hmmmmm....it really sounds like bangs might be more trouble than they're worth? Perhaps, I could do a light fringe that's easily blendable with the rest of my hair hair? ARGH! I am making a hair appt. for Wednesday..not much time to decide, lol.

I've had bangs most of my life, a few years ago I decided to grow them out and get layered hair.. I've been considering getting bangs but I have really wavy hair that refuses to stay straight :| so I'm going to have to say they're high-maintenance..

very cute but too high maintenance for me! I would love to have them, but with the way my hair reacts to humidity, I think I would have a hard time making them look nice.

I've tried to do bangs a few times. I love the way they look when they behave, but I've had far too many bad hair days due to my bangs being unruly to ever go back. And I've tried to long sideswept ones and blunt straight ones.