What's your most high maintenance bag?

c_y_n_d_i

Jan 3, 2011
The most carefree thread makes me wonder what your most high maintenance or fragile bag is.
I know all the vachetta is pretty fragile until its patina but after that is there a bag you think is still fragile or find yourself babying?

Good question! I have to say my menilmontant PM. With all the vachetta on the bag, the strap and trimming, I have a special way I pick-up the bag when getting out of my car so I don't handle the strap to much. I also lay a white pillow case on my front set to make sure nothing gets on the vachetta!

My DA Speedy 30. I fret over the vachetta handles and light canvas. I worry about color transfer and aging handles - LOL! I barely carry her for this reason.

My DA Speedy 30. I fret over the vachetta handles and light canvas. I worry about color transfer and aging handles - LOL! I barely carry her for this reason.

DA NF, same exact reasons, and I am hardly carrying mine either. But...she is still my favorite. Kind of like that high maintenence girlfriend that the guy still loves to death I guess.

DA NF, same exact reasons, and I am hardly carrying mine either. But...she is still my favorite. Kind of like that high maintenence girlfriend that the guy still loves to death I guess.

HAHA! I like that analogy! I'm glad you said that about the DA NF because I sorta want one. I REALLY want a Mon Mono NF but I had my eye on a preloved DA NF for half the price of a new Mon Mono. I'll pass on the DA NF and keep my eye on the prize!

Yes i dont know why but i beleive the most fragile is my all leather speedy cube..Why speedy cube- cause the leather is very soft, that tapage bag charm i used to wear with it have scratched it a bit.. Plus i need to be careful with corners, as the small wear started to appear...

I think about selling mine all the time, but I just can't pull the trigger!!

I bought and sold the Speedy 30 a few times. Now I own one in all three canvases and won't sell them. I hardly ever carry my Mono or DA, but I won't sell them. I carry my DE a lot. That one is my favorite by far, but I like owning the others. I will eventually give them to my DD's.

Good question! I have to say my menilmontant PM. With all the vachetta on the bag, the strap and trimming, I have a special way I pick-up the bag when getting out of my car so I don't handle the strap to much. I also lay a white pillow case on my front set to make sure nothing gets on the vachetta!

Oh my. :sad: You make me look bad. My menilmontant PM got caught in the mud and rain at a festival a few years ago unfortunately. It has a beautiful patina but the strap is forever twisted at one end (how it dried). It's still functional and doesn't look totally messed up, but I still wish that didn't happen. Just a forewarning that it'll look great no matter what! ;)

But back to the question... I'd have to say that I'm most attentive to my Mono Rayures NF GM. There's already a small mark (maybe pen? and it's driving me nuts) on the outside and a light gray smear on the inside. I try to use it only a few times a year because I want to keep it in good condition. The straps have a very light patina going on.

I know exactly what you're saying. I sold mine, but now want another.

Oh No! :smile: I adore my azur speedy, I find her to be my most carefree bag actually! Isn't that funny!? Grab and go and I don't wear lotions on my hands or anything... plus it was a good price point so I don't worry as much. She still looks wonderful after being my go-to casual bag for awhile now. I worry more about my DE speedy, with the glazing if it will peel or if the trim will wrinkle etc... I'm more careful with it. My most high maintenance bag though isn't LV, it's that darned Chanel GST... I always worry she's slouching, I lay her on her side to keep the shape, set the chains down on it carefully, etc.. *sigh* I don't know if I'm classy enough for that bag LOL.

My azur stresa pm... She usually sits in my closet most of the time because I'm so worried about ruining the vachetta or the buckle. But she's so pretty to look at and I've got to just start using her so she gets a little more of a tan.

I was super nervous to carry my DA Speedy in the beginning because of its light color and vachetta. I don't worry about it much now though.

I am most careful with my Leopard Speedy. I've only taken her out once so far and I was paranoid. She has black leather handles so I am not worried about that so much. It's probably just because its the most expensive one I have so far.

Like Ishcat, it's my GST.

For LV, my Siracusa Gm but that's because it's so new. I like when the vachetta darkens but I want it to be uniform.