What's your inspiration?

Amamy

Jul 11, 2016
Seriously speaking, I never had any inspiration as such. I never even thought of it, until I read this blog by Alan Stein on his inspiration for work. http://www.robertsgallery.net/blog/alan-stein-inspiration-for-my-new-work/ When I though on it deeply, I realized that having an inspiration, does really matter. So, what is your inspiration? Many a times, I find people getting inspired by other humans, whom they consider as their role models. But, let me ask you, is it right to consider any human as your role model or inspiration? Cause I believe that every human has both a good and a bad side. What do yous think of it? Do share your thoughts.

Mmmm.... This is something I waffle around a lot with. Motivation, inspiration, muse, creativity.... I've come to the conclusion that the saying about 1% inspiration 99% perspiration is more correct for me. I recently had to attend a training where we had to discuss the difference between interest and commitment and the differences in how people related to each word were very telling.

I've mentally started replacing the phrase "I don't have time for that" with "It's not a priority right now" and checking how it feels. The discomfort has lead to me reorganizing how I get things done, and usually for the better. Once I get started on a task, no matter what level the perceived pleasantness or unpleasantness of it, I'm more likely to complete it.