What's your Goldilocks Hermes bag?

Israeli_Flava

Counting My Blessings 1 Birkin At A Time ;)
O.G.
Nov 26, 2009
After over a decade of collecting Hermes bags, I have finally found my Goldilocks Hermes bag.... :drinkup:

I tried so many bags, but there was always something.....
My first bag was a B35 in gold w/gold hw and in togo.... Amazing color combo, loved the gold hw, but wayyyy too big and too heavy. 😫

From there I got a B30 in Soufre. What a ray of sunshine but it was in epsom leather which doesn't age well in Birkin style IMO. 👵

Still loved the B30 size as it was so wearable and versatile so collected quite a few more of those in various colors and leathers.
After some time, I felt the B30 was too big as my things were swimming at the bottom....

Next I tried the B25. The B25 was sooooo adorable :cutesy: but mostly a hand-held bag. My SA offered me quite a few of those so one B25 turned into four in what seemed like a blink of an eye... :whut:

In between the sea of Birkins, I was offered a Sellier Kelly 25. This bag was beautiful in Rose Azalee and I only wanted Sellier, buuuuut at that time, I was not a fan of mixing metals and I had a strooooong preference for gold hardware. This Kelly had palladium hardware and after carrying it, I discovered it was quite restrictive in size. :girlshocked:

Then I was offered a Constance 24 and happily added that to my collection as it's an amazing shoulder bag and I can actually wear it crossbody. I :heart: my Constance bags but something was missing.... something kept me on a H-unt for the Goldilocks bag.... :broom:

Ironically, I already owned the Goldilocks style of bag for me, it was just not in a color that was super wearable so I didn't pick her up enough to realize just how perfect she really was. Eventually, an opportunity to acquire another bag in this same style, but in a neutral combination, presented itself and I jumped on it. After wearing THIS bag for a few weeks I realized she was my Goldilocks of Hermes bags!!!!!! There was NOTHING wrong... nothing missing. SHE IS JUST RIGHT!

My Goldielocks is a Sellier Kelly 28!!!!!!!!!
She is the perfect size. Not too big, not too small... She has a stunningly beautiful silhouette
:girlsigh:
.... She stays structured so not slouchy, no fussy floppy sangles
:panic:
.... she's super practical, goes with everything, lightweight, can be worn on the shoulder or crook of the arm
:yahoo:
And, bonus....when I'm worried about pickpockets, I can close her :P

I would love to know.... WHAT IS YOUR GOLDILOCKS H BAG??????? Have you found her/him yet????

Last edited:
I didn’t think you were gonna say kelly. I’ve always seen you as a birkin girl through the years. Glad you found your Goldilocks bag! I love kelly so I can totally relate and appreciate the post 😃
RIGHT!!!! You are spot on!!!! I always thought I was a Birkin girl. I loooooove the Birkin. I will always love the Birkin too but my goodness I am just enamored with the Sellier Kelly!!! I have been wearing them nonstop and I have NO COMPLAINTS.
So are you a Sellier or Retourne Kelly girl and what size is your Goldilocks size?

If I could have only one H bag (aka my ‘Goldilocks’ bag) it would be a B30. I appreciate the advantages of a K and enjoy carrying my K28 & K32 retourne but, in my opinion, the B30 is perfect! Stunning, just large enough without being too heavy, happy in hand or at the crook of my arm, easily accessible if I want to throw something in or drape a scarf over top but also closeable if circumstances demand (weather or sketchy environs)…perfect! If I were to request another H bag, it would be a B30 in swift but I am otherwise at purse peace with my two B30s

My taste in H bags hasn't really changed much in over 40 years that I've been buying them....I like big bags as I carry quite a lot, I've never been into the small/tiny bag trend. My perfect H bag is the HAC 32 in any leather except Epsom, and the Bolide 35 for a shoulder option. I prefer the Bolide in soft leathers as I like it slouchy!

After over a decade of collecting Hermes bags, I have finally found my Goldilocks Hermes bag.... :drinkup:

My first bag was a B35 in gold w/gold hw and in togo.... Amazing color combo, loved the gold hw, but wayyyy too big and too heavy. 😫

From there I got a B30 in Soufre. What a ray of sunshine but it was in epsom leather which doesn't age well in Birkin style IMO. 👵

Still loved the B30 size as it was so wearable and versatile so collected quite a few more of those in various colors and leathers.
After some time, I felt the B30 was too big as my things were swimming at the bottom....

Next I tried the B25. The B25 was sooooo adorable :cutesy: but mostly a hand-held bag. My SA offered me quite a few of those so one B25 turned into four in what seemed like a blink of an eye... :whut:

In between the sea of Birkins, I was offered a Sellier Kelly 25. This bag was beautiful in Rose Azalee and I only wanted Sellier, buuuuut at that time, I was not a fan of mixing metals and I had a strooooong preference for gold hardware. This Kelly had palladium hardware and after carrying it, I discovered it was quite restrictive in size. :girlshocked:

Then I was offered a Constance 24 and happily added that to my collection as it's an amazing shoulder bag and I can actually wear it crossbody. I :heart: my Constance bags but something was missing.... something kept me on a H-unt for the Goldilocks bag.... :broom:

Ironically, I already owned the Goldilocks style of bag for me, it was just not in a color that was super wearable so I didn't pick her up enough to realize just how perfect she really was. Eventually, an opportunity to acquire another bag in this same style, but in a neutral combination, presented itself and I jumped on it. After wearing THIS bag for a few weeks I realized she was my Goldilocks of Hermes bags!!!!!! There was NOTHING wrong... nothing missing. SHE IS JUST RIGHT!

She is the perfect size. Not too big, not too small... She has a stunningly beautiful silhouette
.... she's super practical, goes with everything, lightweight, can be worn on the shoulder or crook of the arm

I would love to know.... WHAT IS YOUR GOLDILOCKS H BAG??????? Have you found her/him yet????

Love the idea and title of this thread!

I have to agree. My Sellier Kelly 28 is my Goldilocks bag as well. Love my B30, and find it practical, but love the structure of the Kelly Sellier, (it's like a work of art) and I love the strap. It's the bag I bring when I want to travel in style. My only issue is that it has gold hardware, and I'm mostly a white gold wearer. One of these days, I'd like to get another Kelly Sellier with PHW.

If I could have only one H bag (aka my ‘Goldilocks’ bag) it would be a B30. I appreciate the advantages of a K and enjoy carrying my K28 & K32 retourne but, in my opinion, the B30 is perfect! Stunning, just large enough without being too heavy, happy in hand or at the crook of my arm, easily accessible if I want to throw something in or drape a scarf over top but also closeable if circumstances demand (weather or sketchy environs)…perfect! If I were to request another H bag, it would be a B30 in swift but I am otherwise at purse peace with my two B30s
I have to say the B30 comes in at a verrrrry close 2nd on my list.
It is definitely the optimal size in Birkin for all of the reasons you stated, hands down.
The only exception in my collection is my Clemence B30. Sadly, she is just too heavy... I always pick another bag to carry.
But she will stay with me forever because she is a SO and I don't have the heart to sell her.
Maybe I need to go lift some weights :gotmuscles: hahahha

My taste in H bags hasn't really changed much in over 40 years that I've been buying them....I like big bags as I carry quite a lot, I've never been into the small/tiny bag trend. My perfect H bag is the HAC 32 in any leather except Epsom, and the Bolide 35 for a shoulder option. I prefer the Bolide in soft leathers as I like it slouchy!
Yes, I'm not into the tiny bag trend either.
For years I wanted to get my hands on a HAC 28 to see if that was better than the B30 but I never had the opportunity to see/hold one.... maybe one day.

I have to agree. My Sellier Kelly 28 is my Goldilocks bag as well. Love my B30, and find it practical, but love the structure of the Kelly Sellier, (it's like a work of art) and I love the strap. It's the bag I bring when I want to travel in style. My only issue is that it has gold hardware, and I'm mostly a white gold wearer. One of these days, I'd like to get another Kelly Sellier with PHW.
:hugs: Yay! Yes, totally a work of art!!!!
I do understand how you feel about the hardware. It really can make the difference. I'm not sure exactly why it clicked in my head to be good with mixing metals but some colors just look fantastic with any hardware. Blue Electric is the perfect example in my opinion. What color is your Kelly?