What's your favourite highlighter?

QU33NR3MI

Feb 6, 2014
Ladies, I've been having a difficult time finding a highlighter that photographs beautifully. I' bought one at MAC, it looks great in person, but in photos it just looks like i put the wrong colour foundation on and photographs terribly. any suggestions?

Ladies, I've been having a difficult time finding a highlighter that photographs beautifully. I' bought one at MAC, it looks great in person, but in photos it just looks like i put the wrong colour foundation on and photographs terribly. any suggestions?

IT Cosmetics has some wonderful highlighters. I have the powder and the crème versions. They also have a stick version available.

Touche eclat would be my choice, also. I have to always have a backup or two. Also, I have It Cosmetics highlighters too, they are nice but don't know if they photograph well...

Wanted to add..my daughter uses Josie Maran Highlighter, the one that comes in a small pump bottle. The bottle may be small but you only need a tiny amount and it's really pretty on her skin. Probably the best highlighter for her and she's tried most of them. It gives a different highlighted look on her face...I don't know how to explain it but it is quite beautiful. Sephora did carry it, if they still do, go in and try it.

Last edited:
I would go with Julie Hewett Shimmy (creme) or Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow powder in translucent. It gives a very light shimmer that doesn't look like a glitter bomb.