What's your favorite type of bag?

Metope

Apr 18, 2015
Without thinking of or mentioning brands at all, do you have a favorite type of bag? Tote vs hobo, shoulder vs crossbody, structured vs slouchy, pebbled/textured leather vs smooth (or not leather at all), open compartment vs lots of pockets, neutrals vs bright colors, etc? Is there a certain style of bag you keep falling for over and over, or do you prefer having a wide variety of styles to choose from?

crossbody, textured is my favourite, flap close with lot of compartments, pocket inside, dark color because i am not careful with my bag and i hate when it gets dirt

Shoulder bag, great color, outside pockets, ease of getting things out of it, no flap. Nothing on trend. Function and beauty.

Boston bag satchel
Convertible wear a must (handheld + crossbody)
Semi-structured is best (stuffing odd shapes won't hurt it)
A narrower profile is better for crossbody wear
Prefer handles to fold down
Zip top closure is a must
Outside pocket for phone/ transit pass required
Love smooth leather but not always practical, so pebbled or coated canvas okay
Prefer a light lining (but if it has to be black, then include a flashlight like Rudsak does)
I love and appreciate all colors :smile:

Something with a front flap.
Flappity, flap, flap flappers!
Love to hear those wobbly leather flaps slap. ♡
Love to watch a structured flap close over hungry bag opening, as sensible upper lip.

Must have been a pony express rider, in previous life.
Or should consider becoming mail carrier. ;)

Crossbody for ease of use at my kids' sporting events.
Shoulder bags and a plus if it also has a handle and a shoulder strap.
No pocket in the middle. I find that it wastes space. I just want to reach in and grab what I need.
Not too much structure.

Definitely either a shoulder bag or a Satchel with a shoulder strap. Medium sized. (Usually no bigger than 12"x 8"x 5") Structure is a must. Amazing, scrumptious leather (loooove lambskin). Solid, well made hardware. Relatively light weight. Outside pockets not preferred and never used.