What's your favorite midtone neutral?

I saw a stunning tabac togo 35 Kelly.
I saw a DRRRREAMMYY Biscuit 35cm Birkin on the same day. I was carrying my own Etoupe.
I looked at all three. My favorite neutral is both ETOUPE! AND NOW I WANT BIscuit in SWIFT like all about nice's. DRool, Drool ,Drool!!!!!!!

( I would still go for Etoupe first as it seems to go with everything compared to my gold and biscuit is still closer to gold than etoupe though much more muted, orange out like All about nice said. I LOVE biscuit in swift that I saw!! All about nice - your bag is SUBLIME!!!!!!:drool:

eliz, s'mom, julide, sus, star3777, THANK YOU for your lovely comments, much appreciated.

I think biscuit is a limited edition colour from what an SA was saying recently, I got the impression it wasn't going to be a permanent colour. If you want something in biscuit then you might need to order/buy fairly quickly

I saw poussiere recently - I loved it as a swatch, thought it would be my perfect neutral but then I got my Birkin in biscuit (by accident, it was a chance walk in in Paris)

Poussiere (dust in French) might suit as a neutral, it's paler and more yellow-tomed than biscuit, warm rather than cool, here is a photo, courtesy of Kallie girl:

It's probably a temporary colour too.

attachment.php

OK, so I took a little road trip to my closest H store to look at colors. There store was very heavy on vibrant colors, being spring and all -- lots of vert anise, chartreuse, rose dragee, cyclamen, etc. All of the neutrals (except for the odd parchemin or gold bag) were in the back, so I unfortunately I made a bit of work for my SA, having him fetch and return more than a few boxes. (I rewarded him by buying a few trinkets! I couldn't let all that hard work go unnoticed!)

The store had NO tabac camel, sable or biscuit to look at, sadly, but I saw something I did not expect to love as much as I do -- curry! I was so surprised. It's definitely dijon-yellowy, but it is so smooth and creamy-looking. I would make an extremely huggable Bolide. But I thought it might be even better in a Picotin! Curry is a bit of a "novelty" color, so it would be super on a fun little bag. And that means etoupe is "freed up" for Bolide use! Ha! I'll just have to see what's available and be ready to be flexible.

Thank you so much, Kellybag, perlerare, Pepper, avandome, pazt, maria28, AAN, luv2shophandbag, gracekelly, S'Mom, PBC, Julide, piaffe, swonderful, Sus, Mr Posh Spice, my peko, Queenie, hermesmonkey, star3777 and Nola -- I love all the input! Such wise advice.

coleigh -- I know! Very hard decision. Therein lies my dilemma.

Guylian -- Your ebene bag is a stunner.

PBC -- Curry is like sable in that it's mustardy. Poussiere is probably pretty similar, too.

Ms Reya -- I see what you mean. By midtone I mean "like gold but not gold." That could mean camel, but biscuit and parchemin are definitely lighter than "midtone." Regardless, it was fun to see tPF'ers post pics of so many gorgeous earth-tone bags!

Thanks, everyone!

eliz, s'mom, julide, sus, star3777, THANK YOU for your lovely comments, much appreciated.

I think biscuit is a limited edition colour from what an SA was saying recently, I got the impression it wasn't going to be a permanent colour. If you want something in biscuit then you might need to order/buy fairly quickly

I saw poussiere recently - I loved it as a swatch, thought it would be my perfect neutral but then I got my Birkin in biscuit (by accident, it was a chance walk in in Paris)

Poussiere (dust in French) might suit as a neutral, it's paler and more yellow-tomed than biscuit, warm rather than cool, here is a photo, courtesy of Kallie girl:

It's probably a temporary colour too.

attachment.php

OOOOOooooh, I would love to have a Kelly in poussiere with gold hardware. I just think this color is yummy. I always gravitate towards very warm colors (yellow and orange undertones) as they seem to compliment my skin and hair the best. Also, as with MsReya I would consider cognac. I've seen this color on a 37cm bolide and it's just so rich. Let us know what you decide.

BTW, allaboutnice, you do have a gorgeous collection of neutrals. The picture of the four bags posted above make me think of warm, buttery croissants.

BTW, allaboutnice, you do have a gorgeous collection of neutrals. The picture of the four bags posted above make me think of warm, buttery croissants.

I'm reminded of various flavors of creamy gelato when I look at AAN's collection. You know, dulce de leche, coffee, milk chocolate, cafe au lait, etc. ... Mmmmmm!

:heart::heart::heart:Biscuit, Etoupe & Noisette!!!!!!

AAN ~ I Always Adore Everything You Wear.....You Are Always Look Amazing (& Your Beautiful DD!!!!)......What A *Dream Collection* :heart::heart::heart:

My favourite mid-tone neutral is biscuit - my new Birkin in swift leather. It's a bit like gold, but paler and with the orange taken out.

Here's most of my neutral family, from left to right, noisette vache liegee, gold clemence, gold vache liegee, biscuit clemence:

attachment.php

Etoupe is a great neutral too, I'm hoping it will be the colour of my next bag. Here it is in a wallet (chevre) against biscuit (photographed outside in sunlight):

attachment.php

The other thing to maybe consider in a Bolide is contrast stitching - I think you get it with gold and etoupe, not with biscuit or noisette or gris tourterelle. It's personal preference, the shape of a Boldie really lends itself to contrast stitching and also to contrast sealed leather edges. Gris tourterelle might be too light for you but it looks amazing with its dark leather edges - really traces the pattern in a Bolide.