What's your favorite Law & Order franchise?

koukanamiya said:
I prefer Law and Order: SVU. Goren in Criminal Intent seemed to know "everything" and it just kind of takes away the fun ... Eames' one-liner annoys me and sometimes I wonder what she's doing in the show aside from hacking computers (even then she often needs Goren's help in password suggestions). Seriously, just once I would love to see someone outsmart Goren.

I like the story behind Law and Order: SVU more, I care more about the characters in that series, not to mention it seemed a bit more plausible.

Ditto Koukanamiya...
You took the words right outta my mouth:smile:

SVU!!!! HAnds down, I think the SVU is more realisitic, rape, pedophile..somehow you can relate to what is going on in the real world, but criminal intent is more drama or script writing..
I love each and every cast member, I wonder why Elliot Stabler ( what was his real name? I am lousy with real names) was never nominated for awards...you don't see them on gossip columns...never tired.....I look forward to the new season...

I like SVU the best now, although I really liked the regular L&O when Jerry Orbach was on it.

I really don't like Criminal Intent, because the guy knows everything & that's just not realistic. If it was, NYC would be a lot safer of a city!

i loooooove L&O: SVU. the characters are so well developed and the story lines are interesting. i'm a big fan of the original as well. the others don't really do it for me.

i don't think i've ever watched any version of law and order in prime time though. only on cable reruns and netflix. it's one of those shows you can find on some channel at any point during the day. :smile:

My favorite at the moment is Law & Order CI but only when it has Chris North and Annabella Sciorra - I like how smart Annabella Sciorra is about people and Chris North is just nice for me to look at. I can't warm up to the cast of the other Law & Order CI.

I also like Law & Order SVU and occasionally the original one. Peggy

I prefer CI and SVU. It's fascinating to watch Vincent D'Onofrio's acting. I think his portrayal of Bobby Goren- eccentric, mega intelligent crime-solving machine is really spot-on. He's a great actor and not to mention, a total hottie. From reading everyone's posts, it appears you either love him or totally hate him! My husband can't stand him- thinks he's a know-it-all and Eames just hangs around doing what he tells her to. SVU has more varied and interesting plots and a great cast.

I think the only instance that I like Law and Order: CI is when they actually delve into these characters' private lives. There was an episode where we found out more about Bobby Goren's mother and that he really cared a great deal about her. It made him seem more realistic that way. Those are the times that I enjoy CI, times when I as an audience can relate to these characters. Otherwise, the show just seemed a bit off to me.