What's your favorite Hermes leathers and why?

My favorites are Togo because it doesn't scratch easily and smells divine and Box because I love the glow. There is nothing more beautiful than a vintage Black Box Kelly. (Now I don't have anything in box but I hope to one day) I have no idea what this says about me.
Now this is interesting, togo and box are two leathers that I find to be polar opposites of each other. Togo tells me you are practical as well, while the box tells me you have a classic, ladylike aspect to your personality. Box is not for the faint-hearted.

Fabulous thread, HG!

Ok.

BOX: Love the patina, I don't worry about the marks and scratches as it just adds to the beauty,
CHAMONIX: Same as the above only I love the matte (same reason why I love brushed gold and silver!)
POROSUS: well.....LOVE my vintage Croc!
BARENIA: Love the smell and the soft hand and the way it just gets such a glorious patina.
CHEVRE de COROMANDEL: other than the sheen and lightness, I love the "maleability" of this leather and the fact that it'll hold its shape while still giving a little smidge of "sqwoosh".

In fact....I think I might just stick with these leathers from now on!
You're into the classics and have a love of old things, a great lover of beauty.

It's nothing bad, but I've noticed your first two choices are leathers chosen by women who have small children. They usually choose them because they are considered, well, "kidproof".

I hope I'm not scaring you here.

I am scared, since those are the two top leathers for me. Of course, I have a kid!!!!
HG you have an uncanny memory as well as an uncanny sense of people!!:wtf:

I love box calf FOR the scratches and markings, the patina... it is like life evolving, and the bag is building memories and aging just like me.
Barenia, although it has eluded me, I have admired it from afar... and if I ever see a bag made from it I will make it mine! for similar reasons as above. The leather seems natural and un-messed with. and chevre and croc, prefferably with the large even scales, for their lovely shiny effect, and because they are so different from my two loves mentioned above... box/barenia down to earth chevre/croc...glamorous. (in my head anyway!:lol: )

It's nothing bad, but I've noticed your first two choices are leathers chosen by women who have small children. They usually choose them because they are considered, well, "kidproof".

I hope I'm not scaring you here.

you ARE good! whoa...yes, I don't gasp as much when DD reaches out to play with the clochette, but also, they're "me-proof." :lol:

I love box calf FOR the scratches and markings, the patina... it is like life evolving, and the bag is building memories and aging just like me.
Barenia, although it has eluded me, I have admired it from afar... and if I ever see a bag made from it I will make it mine! for similar reasons as above. The leather seems natural and un-messed with. and chevre and croc, prefferably with the large even scales, for their lovely shiny effect, and because they are so different from my two loves mentioned above... box/barenia down to earth chevre/croc...glamorous. (in my head anyway!:lol: )
Box, barenia, and your avatar tells me of your love of history and antiquities. You like the classics, but as you just admitted, croc shows you have a glamourous side as well.