What's Your Favorite Foundation?

socaltrojan

Cupcake Lover <3
O.G.
Aug 12, 2006
I have been using MAC Studio Mist and I really like it. It a sheer to medium aerosolized foundation.

It is my current favorite, but I never stick to one brand of foundation for too long.
Once I try something and finish the bottle, I move on to a different brand.

So next, I think I will be switching to Chanel foundation for a while.
In the past, I have used Dior, Prescriptives, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique foundation.

What is your favorite foundation?

Do you like sheer, medium, or full coverage foundation?

Do you like a powder, cream, liquid, or aerosolized foundation?

Last edited:
My favorite foundation, hands down, is La Mer. I use both the creme & liquid... creme for fuller coverage, and liquid for sheerer coverage. Both feel great on my skin, and La Mer's foundation is the only one that has been able to match my skin color exactly.

I prefer powder and liquid but I do use a cream foundation as concealer.

Liquid- MUFE mat velvet+ (medium to full, can be sheered out as I prefer)
Powder- Sheer to medium and very buildable with the right brush.

Both are HGs for me.

I use two liquid foundations.

Chanel - Pro Lumiere.. it's a really nice light/sheer coverage
Estee Lauder - Double Wear.. it's full coverage but it looks way too cakey if I use it all over

I use Chanel all over & then a little bit of Estee Lauder on my chin/cheeks where I need heavier coverage. :smile:

Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer
Sheer. My skin tone is even for the most part. If I need to cover a pimple or something, I use a separate medium coverage concealer like MAC moisture cover
Liquid or cream. easiest to use for me, I like using my 187 duo-fibre to blend.

Right now, my new combo is MAC Sheer Tint, mixed with about 2-3 pumps of Strobe Liquid, then followed with Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. Looks like I'm not wearing anything, but makes my skin smooth and even, and it covers any little red spots, etc.
Sheer, but buildable for spot coverage.

I prefer powder, but I really am loving the MAC Sheer Tint under it! (With my 187, of course!)

Chanel Vitalumière liquid with SPF 15, I like it a lot. I mainly use it because of the 'glow', it also never cakes and has hydrating agents. The only weird thing is that I have the feeling it is promoted towards older people with mature skin (I'm 20 and have mostly normal skin).
Very sheer, just so that it gives me a nice glow. I still want to 'see my skin through it' though.

Liquid but I've never tried an aerosolized. The only powdery things I use are like the météorites of Guerlain or Gold Fever of Chanel (I like a bit of shimmer:smile:)

I have been loving La Mer Fluid Tint (Tinted Moisturizer) with Guerlain Bronzer over it.
Sheer for everyday wear.. I also wear La Mer Treatment fluid foundation when going out for more coverage.

I prefer just a TM and bronzer on my skin for everyday wear. I dont like the heaviness of Foundation at all..

Right now I am using Laura Mercier Oil Free tinted moisturized with Mac blot Powder to set it. Normally, I use LM Mineral Powder, but when I'm pregnant, powders end up looking cakey and porous on me so I will just switch back once i have this baby...IF she ever decides to comes out.

What is your favorite foundation? MAC's Select Tint. It's pretty sheer, almost invisible.

Do you like sheer, medium, or full coverage foundation? I like sheer but buildable coverage.

Do you like a powder, cream, liquid, or aerosolized foundation? I prefer liquid because it looks natural, but if I'm lazy or pressed for time I'll use Studio Fox powder foundation.

socaltrojan, definitely try Chanel next! I love Chanel! I usually prefer medium buildable coverage and looove Pro Lumiere and Mat Lumiere. I prefer liquid because you can really apply it sheer or with a little more coverage without looking like a mess. I also like powder foundation, especially for touch ups, but I have to be more careful not to look cakey.

Everyday Minerals, second choice Prescriptives. Otherwise all other brands look too chalky on me, they don't have my exact shade or come close.