What's your favorite book?

My all-time favorite is A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Betty Smith.
Next favorite, Valley of the Dolls, Jacqueline Susann.
Harry Potter series, of course.

Right now, I'm reading The Three Musketeers, and it's wonderful.

Okay, now I must start a thread about your least favorite book!

OMG, I love books! :woohoo: [I'm such a nerd...]

I Know This Much is True - Wally Lamb
Confessions of an Economic Hitman - John Perkins
Candy Girl - Diablo Cody
Amazing Grace - Francine Rivers
Blue Like Jazz /// Searching for God Knows What /// Across Painted Deserts - Donald Miller
What's so Amazing about Grace - Phillip Yancy
A Grief Observed - C.S. Lewis
'Til We Have Faces - C.S. Lewis
Migraine - Oliver Sacks
To Live Again - Catherine Marshall
ANYTHING by Amy Tan
the chick lit by Kristen Billerbeck
the Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell
The Journals of L.M. Montgomery

And, um.....I haven't actually read the Harry Potters either. :shame: It's on my to-do list...

I don't know if I have a favorite, but I like A Thousand Splendid Suns. It is written by the same author as The Kite Runner. I also enjoyed Memoirs of a Geisha but I haven't read that in almost 10 years.

I adore Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife. I've read it dozens of times as well as listen to it on audiobook.

I cannot wait to see the movie but part of me is worried the movie just will not do the book justice.

I love Alice Walker, too. I actually read Octavia Butler's Kindred in college and really liked it; thanks for reminding me of her!

Colin Firth is THE Darcy to me. I can't picture anyone else in that role.

I have such a crush from him as a result of that movie!!!

I love chick lit! My favorite author is Jane Green. I think my favorite book by her is Mr. Maybe. Sophie Kinsella's book are great too especially the Shopaholic series.

I really like Jane Green and Sophie Kinsella too!

And, um.....I haven't actually read the Harry Potters either. :shame: It's on my to-do list...

Me either! I need to buy them...

My favorite of all time would have to be Beloved (Toni Morrison). But there are a lot of books that I care a lot about.

It is really hard for me to choose just one. I love so many books. I read mostly non fiction;but in fiction I have several favorites.

The Penguin Classics, Norman Denny translation of Les Miserables.

Gone With The Wind

The Secret Life Of Eva Hathaway, by Janice Weber

All of Jacqueline Susann's novels

Reactions: fleurmacaron
hmm...my first post in the general discussion forum. as of now my favorite books would be:

everything david sedaris ever wrote.
the corrections by jonathan franzen.
harry potter (i'll have to read those again someday).
macbeth by shakespeare.

i haven't read a lot of books recently i'm sad to say. i did read Bel Ami by Maupassant recently for one of my classes. i really enjoyed it.