What's Your Favorite Animal Charity?

AAA07

True Gemini
Feb 29, 2008
I am always giving here and there to animal charities yes more than people charities. My friend runs a street kitty rescue so now most of my charity money goes to her organization. When I sell on ebay a lot of my profits go to an animal charity. One in particular was a shelter for blind cats! Oh it broke my heart but at least there was a place for these kitties that would otherwise be killed. I also do an annual contribution to the ASPCA.

I have given to ASPCA and the Anti-Cruelty Society. Mostly I now contribute to the Boxer rescue groups in the Carolinas.

Has anyone signed up on IGive.com? They have hundreds of online companies that will donate a %-age of your purchases to a charity you designate. Many animal charities (as well as lots of others) are available to choose. In the 2 years since I signed up, the donations have totaled over $300. My donations go to Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue. The percentage varies from company to company.

Just remembered that when we lived in Illinois, there was a well-known horse charity that I donated to regularly--the Hooved Animal Humane Society. They used to get big stars to appear for the fund-raisers. They had authority to confiscate horses that were seriously neglected and charges would be filed against the owners.

CorgiAid is my animal charity... I have helped them with fundraising auctions over the years. I'm so proud to say that CorgiAid was selected this year's breed charity group by Pedigree dog food.

Here is a link to CorgiAid, they list profiles of all the corgis they have helped rescue each year, some of their stories are heart breaking, all are inspiring:

http://www.corgiaid.org/

I give money, tangible goods and time (volunteering) to the Humane Society and I donate monthly to WWF. I also donate to a local no kill shelter called 4 Paws.