What's Your Favorite Animal Charity?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am always giving here and there to animal charities yes more than people charities. My friend runs a street kitty rescue so now most of my charity money goes to her organization. When I sell on ebay a lot of my profits go to an animal charity. One in particular was a shelter for blind cats! Oh it broke my heart but at least there was a place for these kitties that would otherwise be killed. I also do an annual contribution to the ASPCA.

2. I have given to ASPCA and the Anti-Cruelty Society. Mostly I now contribute to the Boxer rescue groups in the Carolinas.

Has anyone signed up on IGive.com? They have hundreds of online companies that will donate a %-age of your purchases to a charity you designate. Many animal charities (as well as lots of others) are available to choose. In the 2 years since I signed up, the donations have totaled over $300. My donations go to Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue. The percentage varies from company to company.

3. The ASPCA and a local rescue group here in MD. It's the group where we got one of our doggies a few years ago.

4. ASPCA and I try to volunteer at local shelters. I would love to work for the ASPCA one day..

5. When I can afford it, I'd like to start contributing to either IFAW, The Toronto Humane Society or the OSPCA.

6. Just remembered that when we lived in Illinois, there was a well-known horse charity that I donated to regularly--the Hooved Animal Humane Society. They used to get big stars to appear for the fund-raisers. They had authority to confiscate horses that were seriously neglected and charges would be filed against the owners.

7. I've been using Igive.com for a few years now. Currently my main animal charity is the PSPCA, but I go to other doggie fundraising events too.

8. MSPCA, used to give to PETA...no more.

9. Good for you!:tup:

10. CorgiAid is my animal charity... I have helped them with fundraising auctions over the years. I'm so proud to say that CorgiAid was selected this year's breed charity group by Pedigree dog food.

Here is a link to CorgiAid, they list profiles of all the corgis they have helped rescue each year, some of their stories are heart breaking, all are inspiring:

http://www.corgiaid.org/

11. I give money, tangible goods and time (volunteering) to the Humane Society and I donate monthly to WWF. I also donate to a local no kill shelter called 4 Paws.

12. I like them all, of course they are all for good causes. I help at cats Protection League ( UK ). The members are all cat lovers, I love spending time with them.