What's your dream job and why?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love asking this question!

I currently work in educational finance which I do really enjoy... but my dream job is a Private Investigator/MUA/Veterinarian hybrid.

I've always loved makeup and express myself creatively through a "face canvas" and animals have always been my passion but I'm not so good with science... and whenever my friends need me to find dirt on someone I always manage to :P

So what are your dream jobs and professions? I'd love to hear!

2. Astrophysicist, even though I have a degree in physics this was wiped quickly off the list lol

Ultimately I want to be a neurologist, maybe one day :smile:

3. I would love to work as a social investigator or tax inspector. I did have an internship at the social investigation department, but because of the crisis they couldn't hire me after the internship was over. So I am still looking for a job :sad:

4. 1. I would love to be a writer. When I went to college, that was what I really wanted to do. Unfortunately, you have to be really talented to make it, and I don't think I exactly fall into that category!

2. I would love to have been a research virologist. For some reason, I find learning about deadly diseases to be fascinating. However, after a less than stellar performance in my biology and organic chemistry classes in college, I determined that this was not a viable option!

3. If the prior two options were not available, I'd settle for being Bradley Cooper's wife. :smile:

5. OMG :lol:

6. One that directly deposits a paycheck to my account but does not require anything of me. Yes definitely a dream job-more like a fantasy.

7. #7 Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Clinical or counseling psychologist... But, now the field is full of LCSWS/MFTs/LCPCs. I may do that instead now that I quit my job.

8. Is "Independently Wealthy" a job? ;)

If I am forced to work I think I would like my own radio or talk show or to be in some venue where I got paid - highly - for giving my opinion and talking about things that interest me. I'm the baby and a gemini - I lurve to talk :coolio:

9. Completely in the realm of fantasy, I would have loved to have been a Prima Ballerina for ABT and a wildly successful romance novelist on the side :P

10. Writer/fat activist. I want to be another Marilyn Wann/Virgie Tovar, traveling and speaking and letting people know that they are okay the way they are now.

I am a social worker now, but I am completely disillusioned with hiring, billing, treatment, management, and everyone and everything.

11. Yes to this!! I have a friend in radio and we always talked about doing a show just BSing with each other! It sounds like so much fun!

12. Well, I happen to love your writing and your blog and that's a fact - so get those posts going!! :yes: :ninja:

My dream job would be kind of what I do now, but instead of running a private healthcare company, I'd love to run a major retail company - economics is my true love and business is my best friend :biggrin: :yes:

13. Ha! If only people actually had to be talented to be published writers. I could name a few wildly popular novels where the writing is so bad I actually wonder if these people made it through middle school.

14. Haha so true! I didn't even think about that. Perhaps there's hope for me yet!

15. A food critic. Oh man.
    Or someone who travels for a living to review holidays.
    :O