What's your definition of a well-rounded Coach Colection?

tuffy1026

May 30, 2007
The prompting of this question is due to my DH's wonder about when I'll be "done" (LOL!) with completing my Coach collection. But, it did get me thinking a little about the bags I have and what I would still like to have to meet my "needs" (okay, it's mostly "wants"). While there is definitely not a one-size-fits-all answer, I thought it would be interesting to see what that means to each of us...

For me, my well-rounded collection would be:

Every day basics/neutrals -- 2 each of Black, Brown, Camel/Light-colored preferably one sig and one leather.

Plus -- a couple of bags that are colored or suited for a particular season just for fun. This is the area where I need to break into. I've been working on acquiring the "neutrals" in my collection so I can find something that goes with what I'm wearing.

Then -- a tote or two for the days you just need more, a cute pouch or two for going out, and as many wristlets, wallets, charms, etc. to accessorize appropriately. ;)

What does your well-rounded collection look like -- either real or what you're working towards or what it would be if $$ was no object...

A little bit of everything!

I agree that you need a variety of neutrals in a variety of sizes. But you have to have some fun stuff too! I love the new purple and teal shades because they can go with brown or black. I'm also a firm believer that every woman should own a purse in a fab shade of red - whatever looks good on her from burgundy to crimson!

A non-Garcia Legacy Leather bag in black, mahogany, white, camel and at least one "fun" color like rose or pond - various styles but including a Lily, a Leigh and a Hippie

let's c...red, black and brown. some sig some leather. a wristlet and a wallet. a pouch or swingpack. some shoulder bags or xbosy and a satchel.

As far as colors go: Something black, brown, and something with color.

I don't think it's necessary to have a little bit of leather and a little bit of sig for example, because not everyone is a fan of signature or leather. Personally, I love leather more, but I do have a signature legacy shoulder bag (that my bf just got me! woohoo) that I love. It's all in preference.

For me, my well-rounded collection would be:

Every day basics/neutrals -- 2 each of Black, Brown, Camel/Light-colored preferably one sig and one leather.

Plus -- a couple of bags that are colored or suited for a particular season just for fun. This is the area where I need to break into. I've been working on acquiring the "neutrals" in my collection so I can find something that goes with what I'm wearing.

Then -- a tote or two for the days you just need more, a cute pouch or two for going out, and as many wristlets, wallets, charms, etc. to accessorize appropriately. ;)

What does your well-rounded collection look like -- either real or what you're working towards or what it would be if $$ was no object...

I think this is a great description of a well-rounded collection. And since I am no where near that, I guess there is lots of Coach shopping in my future :graucho:... like I didn't know that already, as if!!!

Admat, I have always gotten a kick out of your signature and I even shared it with DH who just laughed and rolled his eyes, lol.

A little bit of everything!

I agree that you need a variety of neutrals in a variety of sizes. But you have to have some fun stuff too! I love the new purple and teal shades because they can go with brown or black. I'm also a firm believer that every woman should own a purse in a fab shade of red - whatever looks good on her from burgundy to crimson!
ITA with everything! :tup:

I think my collection is pretty good right now, I have:
*small khaki sig ergo hobo
*large black sig ergo hobo
*choco brown gallery tote
*Whisky leather Ali
*Pink sig stripe reversible tote
*black garcia leather legacy shoulder bag
*teal gigi
*small khaki soho flap
*brown leather hamptons hobo
*green heritage stripe tote
*small choco brown bleecker demi

oops I forgot I have a Khaki/brown chelsea satchel!

a little bit of everything, and I am actually very content now!
the only thing I am looking to add is a satchel, and maybe a cross-body

Last edited:
I want to eventually have one black sig, one black leather, the same for brown...One brown sig, one brown leather. Then I'd like to also have a white leather bag (maybe and Ali? :drool:) and something in a fun color, like berry, rose or pond. And then of course all the accessories like you mentioned :graucho: Of course if money was no object I'd have a lot more than that!!!