What's your best cleaning tip?

I am in love with those steam cleaners that can clean anything. I just bought a new one and opened it last night and started to clean my master bathroom like a mad woman. I literally steamed everything in sight with the different tools. I did the window screens, the windows, used the scrub attachment and did the baseboards and doors. I used the long attachment and steamed the ceiling that meets the walls (I admit this was too much). I steamed the curtains and blinds. All that is left is to mop the floor with it today. I LOVE this item more than anything----I ususally spray the shower and bath before with a non chemical cleaner in a nice scent. (I clean with Mrs. Myers or Caldrea cleaners which have wonderful scents). You can steam your furniture and carpets to get rid of dust mites. These steam cleaners are great for people who have allergies. I bought mine from a allergy company but you can find them cheap on overstock.com.
So today I will be cleaning the rest of the house. My husband laughs because he said I actually enjoy cleaning. My daughter drew a paper that says "My Mom likes to CLEAN".....

^^I've alway wondered if those steamers worked. I would like to purchase one to use in our bathrooms--around the sinks and the deep tub for certain and also the showers and for the windows....we have A LOT of windows and when it's time for spring cleaning the windows are the toughest job. I love shiny windows...I'm obsessed...LOL

What brand of steamer do you have?

I agree with using vinegar & baking soda for cleaning. Vinegar does a great job cleaning the microwave. I put a bowl of water with a little vinegar in it for 3 minutes. Everything wipes right off. It's great diluted in water for moping floors. Baking soda works great for cleaning grout bathrooms/counters etc... It also make a great & cheap face or body scrub just mix it with a little water or with you regular face cleanser & voila!

You know what else is AMAZING? That spray stuf...Fantastik. It is sooo good because it disinfects and removes stains, and yucky stuff from counter tops and stove tops and I even use it for my Kitchen table.

I wish I had a cleaning lady.....maybe someday....:graucho:

O.k guys this one is for your car..............To get those nasty bug guts off the front of your ride. spray your car with water, use a dryer fabric sheet and wipe, the bugs melt off like butter,( no more hard scrubbing or buying bug and tar remover) then wash and rinse.

Oh my best cleaning tip: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Seriously, this thing is amazing. It will definitely remove anything you thought was there for good. My sister's apartment had this gross bathtub that she used to scrub and scrub and scrub and it never came clean. One swipe with the eraser and it finally came out, simply amazed every time I use it!
ITA. The Eraser has taken marks off my paint that wouldn't budge w/ anything else!

"Do a little every day" is a great tip.

My tip is for cleaning the microwave:
Add 1/4cup lemon juice to a Pyrex cup with water.
Put cup with water + lemon juice in microwave.
Set microwave at 10 minutes and cook.

Let sit at least 5 minutes.

Anything on the walls/floor/ceiling will just wipe right off with a damp sponge. And you get a fresh smell.

If you have heavy baked-on stains, repeat the process.

I TOTALLY AGREE! it works like a charm every time! I did just that about five minutes ago!!!!! :yes: :yes: