What's your bad experience with goyard?

tg888

O.G.
Nov 4, 2011
I am disappointed with their handles. They easily crack (st louis). And their prices are insane. And the bag has no shape and easily get fold marks and just looks crumply

my black croisiere 35's side trim peeled with minimal usage after it's a few months old. but sent to paris & they repaired it for me with no charge. free shipping too!

lately (the bag was bought in april 2008) i've noticed the zipper pulls and hardware have darkened. don't know how to lighten it. no shop in sight where I live.

Love G love it but........... quality can be a bit of an issue on certain products and in all honestly some options could be expanded just as some service points can be smoothed out but i think its the nature of the company .............

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any luxury brand that doesn't have issues, it's just like anything else, with flaws and imperfections. My closet is filled with pretty much all the higher end brands:rain:and if I looked close enough, could more than likely find issues with each and every one of them.

I have had my St. Louis GM for 5 months and have no issues. I use this bag everyday and it gets thrown around a lot. It is by far the best bag that I have ever owned.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any luxury brand that doesn't have issues, it's just like anything else, with flaws and imperfections. My closet is filled with pretty much all the higher end brands:rain:and if I looked close enough, could more than likely find issues with each and every one of them.

Very well said, no matter which brand you go to Coach, Celine, Hermes, LV, Gucci, Chanel, the list goes on and on and if you go into each of its forums there is always something wrong with the products and no doubt Goyard is one of them. I think that we should take the flaws of the bags, as unique 'birthmarks' and cherish them and appreciate their $ value, but if the handles crack, canvas rips, etc, then of course take it back to the store and get it repaired!

I have the same woes, but a friend enlightened me with this -

"You know they are handmade right"?

So i take consolation that the items i bought are handmade and special, that's why it's not as durable as a machine made item.

I have the same woes, but a friend enlightened me with this -

"You know they are handmade right"?

So i take consolation that the items i bought are handmade and special, that's why it's not as durable as a machine made item.

THAT IS A GREAT WAY TO CONSOLE URSELF! makes perfect sense.:smile:

It's unfortunate that the bags and SLGs are no longer hand-paint.

'Though it was originally hand-painted, the current process requires a ground-colour application, followed by three successive layers of etching colours that create its trademark slightly raised pattern.'