What's your 1st Chanel purchase ?

luckycharms

❤~Aim to please~❤
O.G.
Aug 24, 2008
I am new to Chanel and im looking to buy my first. I want to see what was your first chanel purses,if you dont mind:smile: Id like to know why did you choose it ( maybe add a story like to where u bought it etc. )and how much it cost when you purchase it ? A picture of your purse attach to your response would be very much appreciated.

xs: if theres a thread like this, i apologize..i searched but i couldnt find.:confused1:

My first Chanel purchase was a vintage Jumbo XL in black lambskin. I wanted a jumbo XL because I am 5'10" tall and needed a bag that would compliment my height. When I got it, I looooved it, but felt it was a tad too big. Then i went out and bought a medium caviar beige flap. I also love it but felt it was a tad small. Last week, I finally got my jumbo in black caviar and it fits juuuuust right! Finally!! Hope that helps. Definitely go into Chanel and try on the bags so you can see which size fits best on you and for the purpose that you are getting it for. The jumbo is a great everyday bag and can be used in the evening as well. The medium is a small bag and for me, it will only be used for nights out and wont be used during the day because its too small.

I gave my first to a last year black caviar GST :heart: I was looking for an everyday bag that I can carry to work everyday and big enough for my lunch box too. It's perfect for me, big but not too big. I got it in excellent condition on eBay and so it is not as hard as the brand new ones. Some people don't like the GST because of the shape, but when you use it more often it will soften up and have a better fit.

I fell in love with a small chanel purse at Selfridges in London. It was red, smooth, utterly beautiful and equally expensive. A few days later and home in Sweden I couldn't stop thinking of the bag, so I called them up and they shipped the bag to me. It was way to expensive with a strong pound against the swedish krona but I didn't care. It's still a very pretty bag, a red lambskin WoC, but I don't use it specially often.

I bought a pony hair (I think...too long ago already) flap, a kelly and a travel bag on that one day long ago :smile: and two ties for BF (to shut him up about my purchases)

My first Chanel was the medium black ultimate soft and I fell in love with Chanel ever since; and it's not that long ago. It's since last Sept. 07 and I has gone crazy and purchased total of eight Chanel

<--- My 1st was my 07A Dark Silver reissue which was a gift from my DH for my 30th birthday last summer. I love the look of classic flaps & didn't know about the reissue until I joined TPF. The texture, the smell & the chain of the reissue are wonderfull~:love:

My first Chanel flap was the medium/large black lambskin classic flap with gold hardware - a birthday gift from the boyfriend. It was the most beautiful bag I've laid my eyes on (still is) :love: and that started my Chanel obsession... Since then I've been adding some "siblings" to my first baby regularly! :amuse:

Hello girls, just purchased my first Chanel and i feel quite sick, so i need some moral support please. although my mother will be giving me some of the money towards the bag, for my belated birthday present. I still cannot believe ive paid so much for a bag, it cost more than my car. So please girls some sympathey please tell me i did the right thing!
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=150285228438
This bag is awesome for school or travelling ! Good Buy !

My first Chanel purchase was a wallet - Cambon Black and white CC with fushia interior my first bag purchase was Med/Large Black Caviar with Gold Hardware.

luckycharms: My first Chanel purchase was a White Jumbo Caviar Flap - a belated 19th bday present from the bf. I bought her from SCP Chanel boutique for $2,250 (before the 2nd price increase). Before I made my decision, I tried on a couple of the other handbags such as the Sharpey tote (didn't really like the shape and I thought the lambskin leather was too delicate), the GST (it looked really bulky on me, I'm only 5"2'), the Ultimate Soft (didn't like the slouchiness), the Lady Braid Satchel in Navy (now, this one is TDF, but I wanted something much more classic for my first purchase). Then of course came the White Caviar Flap in which I had to make a choice between the Medium vs. the Jumbo size. After another hour of thoughts and considerations, I opted for the Jumbo instead because I was able to stuff a lot more in it than the Medium one (which only can hold my Sidekick and my LV French Purse). Hope it helps!!!

mrsmissoni: girl, don't worry about it, what matters is that you love the bag, it's definitely worth it.